This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

That's my boy!!!!!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:43 am

Jim The business end of a mule is a lot prettier than the business end of a German Mauser or an **.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:52 am

Ken wrote:
He is a man of few words, NOT like he father!

Keith is shy until he gets to know you :lol: :lol: :lol: It would be hard for me to type with an M16 in one hand too :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for me...I heard a fool should keep quiet lest he prove it :!: Do you need anymore proof than the number of my posts :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know Keith is enjoying the e-mails you sent :!: Here's the reply I recieved when I told him he may be getting e-mails from Strange Dudes:

But did you know how many! Lol...Well thank You Dad for that! I am trying my best to email them back. I just don't want to be repetative in my replys.

Thanks fellas :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: 8)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:29 am

Donny M wrote:As for me...I heard a fool should keep quiet lest he prove it :!:

I think this quote origanated with Mark Twain. I remember it something like:

"It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain spent a lot of time on the lecture circuit. While doing so, he undoubtably restated many of his famous quotes. Here is a web page with several versions of this one, as well as quite a few others:

http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~widenius/clemens.html

You would never guess he is one of my favorite authors.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:30 pm

Thanks for the correction Jim, I rest my case :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thanks for the link 8)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:20 pm

I wouldn't call it correction so much as embellishment.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:17 pm

I got a reply too,,, fine young man there Donny!!!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:51 am

Donny,

Just got done finishing up an email to Keith myself. Sitting here listening to the election results as they come in on the TV and sitting on the edge of my chair, praying that President Bush gets that last electoral vote and it's NOT a repeat of 2000. Then he can bring our service men and women home safely and with God's help maybe, just maybe it will be a little better world. With young people like your son over there defending the freedom that we all love so dearly, it will be. As with all wars, we can only hope this will be the last one. Like I told Keith, WE here in Quincy, Illinois fully support our troops over in Iraq.

Not to turn this not a political thing, you may feel different about President Bush's direction and US being over there, especially having your own son over there in harms way. I sure only time will tell if this was the right decision or not.

I pray for Keith's safe and speedy return, that also goes for all of our service men and women too.

May God Bless Keith, you and your family.

Thank you so much for sharing the article with us.

John Niekamp

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:13 pm

John,
Thank you :!:

I'm proud to have my son serving his country under President George W. Bush. My son is also proud of that fact.

Yesterday's vote confirms that there is still hope for this country :!: Now, if we can fix the federal judges we'll be fine :!: 8)

Return to “Off Topic”