This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

aeroquip Fitting

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

aeroquip Fitting

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Our 1940 M has a hydraulic fitting A 5200-ST 8 - There are two fittings.
With really neat IH logo aluminum caps.
How does the fluid move through the fitting. does the center move,does anyone have one of these on there tractors if so any pictures of the mating part . I will try to get a picture of what I have , tomorrow
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: aeroquip Fitting

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:26 am

Here is the fitting

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:45 am

That coupling was pretty common on IH tractors for a while (mid-'50s). As far as I know, virtually all quick disconnect couplings work by pressing a plunger in the center of the coupling to open the fluid flow. Exceptions I have seen use a manual valve.

The opposite half of the 2 individual couplings look similar to the halves you have, but are a bit different. The larger piece (that holds both couplings) is called a frame. The rear frame has a bar that inserts into the center of the front frame you currently have. The bar has a notch that engages to hold the coupling together. The lever sticking out the top of your part releases the latch. The bottom side of the rear frame has a notch that goes over the bar on the rear of the front frame for alignment. I believe the slot in the front frame is so you can use a lever to couple it when under pressure.

This whole thing is illustrated in several tractor Parts Catalogs. It is in the Farmall M catalog. If you have an early edition, it may not be there. It is definitely in the on-line copy on the CaseIH web site. Look in the hydraulics section for "Break-away coupling".

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks Jim
Phil

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”