This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

more model 70 questions

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

more model 70 questions

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:19 pm

I fixed the transmission problem, it was a bent shift fork, after some "blacksmithing" I repaired the fork and the transmission shifts fine.
The throwout bearing needs replacing, that is why the clutch wouldn't disengage.
The problem I need help on is the PTO will not disengage unless the lever is moved way past its proper position, the turnbuckle on the linkage is turned as far as it will go, there is no adjustment left.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:56 pm

Sounds like the fiber "button" on the release arm is missing, or the "button" on the PTO that it contacts to release the PTO is worn/broken off, or the linkage rods are not the correct length and/or correct rod, for the model. They are not all the same, there are different lengths on different models.

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:21 pm

Thanks Paul,
I thought perhaps there was supposed to be some kind of button or bushing on there, there is a piece about 1/4 inch long on the side toward the front of the tractor.
Dave

Return to “Cub Cadet”