This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Butchering questions?

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
bentfork
10+ Years
10+ Years

Butchering questions?

Postby bentfork » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm

If anybody has any questions or needs tips drop me a msg.
Jason A.
1948 CUB (ser.# 326XX)
sicklebar
Cub grader blade
Cub-193 moaldboard plow
Woods 59C belly mower

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Re: Butchering questions?

Postby daddydip » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:13 am

bentfork, what suggestions do you have for a blood tank? :idea: all my lines are in, but i still need to figure out a cheap way to set up so that i'll collect enough that i can have it rendered.i do want to get back to working on my shop.i have all of my steel for the trolley.neighbor welds and i think i need a distribution for inside my cooler. i'd like to run three rails for when i'm doing small stuff and have the center rail for beef.it's coming but slow.
michael :idea:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

bentfork
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bentfork » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:02 pm

daddydip wrote:bentfork, what suggestions do you have for a blood tank? :idea: all my lines are in, but i still need to figure out a cheap way to set up so that i'll collect enough that i can have it rendered.i do want to get back to working on my shop.i have all of my steel for the trolley.neighbor welds and i think i need a distribution for inside my cooler. i'd like to run three rails for when i'm doing small stuff and have the center rail for beef.it's coming but slow.
michael :idea:

I don't have a blood tank don't mess with it much, not much call for that kinda stuff here. As for the rail and trolly system i have 1 rail running in and three bracnches in the cooler 1 rail is for beef 1 for hogs and the other is for custom meat orders when somebody brings something to be cut not for the store. Is this a Home setup or are you going to open a butcher shop?
Jason A.
1948 CUB (ser.# 326XX)
sicklebar
Cub grader blade
Cub-193 moaldboard plow
Woods 59C belly mower

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:12 pm

bentfork it is a butcher shop here at home ,it's between the house and the barn.what do you do with your blood? i want to be able to split to three rails more or less for the same reason. i have killed 50 to 70 lambs or goats in a day, so i would like to have the blood go somewhere nice and tidy .i'm tired of all the new people calling in on me for one thing or another.i've been here 27 and 1/2 yrs. and now all must change. that's a whole nother topic.
michael :roll:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”