This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1952 farmall cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
adamsgap
10+ Years
10+ Years

1952 farmall cub

Postby adamsgap » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:42 pm

I have inherited my Fathers 1952 cub. I am wanting to restore it. What literature would be the authority to start with other than the thin shop manual. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Yall

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:54 pm

May we suggest that you peruse this site in depth? You will find a tremendous amount of information including photographs. In addition, the members of this forum will be more than willing to help in any way they can. You will also find links to service manuals, parts catalogs and some special manuals dedicated to specific systems.
Congratulations on your cub and welcome to the board!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:56 pm

Welcome.. The GSS-1411 (Service Manual) , GSS-1012 (Electrical Equipment) , & TC-37F (Parts Catalog) would be a good start. An excellent source would be Binder Books http://www.binderbooks.com . In the mean while, you can look up the facts on the home page and also, Rudi's web site has most everything (manuals & such) you would need for reference. I'm sure he will chime in if he's not too busy!

Your questions will be answered by the most qualified experts on the internet (Cub-Wise) on this forum. Don't be shy to ask questions, no matter how trivial they may seem..........
Ron

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am new to these tractors myself and these guys have helped me every time I asked a question. Don't be afraid to ask anything.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:59 am

I might also suggest purchasing these two books and reading them. They have some excellent photos in them.

FARMALL CUB AND CUB CADET by Kenneth Updike

FARMALL LETTER SERIES by Guy Fay.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:33 pm

As the others have said so eloquently - "Welcome Aboard to the very best forum on the Net" and to our Cub Family :!: :D

CB has mentioned two of the best books on the Farmall Series and the Farmall Cub available. Do yourself a favour and order them up. All the info you will need to outfit your Cub is contained therein.

Ron gave you good info as well on the manuals. The TC-37F Parts Manual, GSS-1411 Service Manual, are definitely must haves along with the Owners Manual. The GSS-1012 - Electrical is beneficial as well. Oh, and Binder Books is probably the best place to get the best manuals available. Do try to stay away from some of the manuals offered on e-Bay as they can get very pricey and are not as informative as the real deal. Check out the Manual Server, peruse the manuals before you order if you wish.

One of the links BD was refering to is this one New Members and Visitors, Please READ. The Cub FAQ's by Jim Becker are a MUST read, the Cub Info pages are very informative and also a must read.

To lighten things up, The Best of H.L.Chauvin is filled with humour and many gems of information to help make your "restoration" a really enjoyable experience.

And of course, the Cub Manual Server may be of some limited help to you.

Again, welcome to the Forum and to the Wonderful World of the Cub Family :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

adamsgap
10+ Years
10+ Years

1952 farmall cub

Postby adamsgap » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:35 pm

Thanks Guys. I will look into those resources. Look forward to getting started on this project. Yall take care now.

Return to “Farmall Cub”