This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Can't Post New Topic?

How do I.... ?
the hope farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Can't Post New Topic?

Postby the hope farmer » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:55 pm

I'm new to this site and to this forum format and having little joy with the Cub forum. When I try to add a new topic and hit SUBMIT, it kicks me back to the log in screen. In the lower right corner of the topics page it says I basically can't do anything in the forum.
No joy in Mudville!!! HELP

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Put something here.

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 pm

On a new post you have to put something in the subject box. That was the trouble that I had at first.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:01 pm

Hope farmer I see it shows you as guest. I think you may need to login to create a new topic in the other forums.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:01 pm

In order to post in any of the forums other than this one, you must be a registered user and be logged in. The board shows you as a guest, not a registered user.
Registration is free and does not invade your privacy. Why don't you register and join the rest of us cub enthusiasts in some great discussions?
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:02 pm

Could it be because you are not registered?????????????????
I see that it says guest in your header?????????????
I don't know if that is the answer. Registering does't hurt and you will be with agreat group of people.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

the hope farmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Registered

Postby the hope farmer » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:11 pm

I did complete the registration and received a confirming email. When I try to log in the system will do one of two things:
1) kick me back to a blank log in screen or
2) send me to the post screen and then kicks me baxk to the log in screen when I hit SUBMIT.

I'm using a variation of my user name to post this because when I tried to use the name I registered, the system said the name was already taken.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:37 pm

It could be something to do with the AOL users -- again.

Is anyone on here using AOL to access the message board without problems? What browser are you using?

Also, hope farmer, make sure you are allowing "cookies" from the site and that you are not deleting them.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:05 pm

Dennis while you are here. When Power Point presentations, or pictures are posted in Power Point. I can't get them while using Netscape 7.2. I can when I switch over to Microsoft EXplorer. I have Windows 2000 and Office 2000 including Power Point.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:01 pm

beaconlight wrote:Dennis while you are here. When Power Point presentations, or pictures are posted in Power Point. I can't get them while using Netscape 7.2. I can when I switch over to Microsoft EXplorer. I have Windows 2000 and Office 2000 including Power Point.
Bill

There are many differences in browsers and what they support. It does not surprise me that Netscape would have some problems with power point.

Do you just prefer Netscape or are you an AOL user?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:21 pm

Bill:

I am assuming that you are refering as well to the Power Point presentations on the Cub Manual Server :?:

Netscape (any version) as well as Mozilla do not support Power Point - doesn't understand the commands/language. Not surprising.

If you do a search on the word Netscape, you will be surprised by the number of times that this problem has been encountered. I have tried to access the server and the original mirror on my other computer with Netscape. Some things it will read, such as the basic html code, but does not know what to do with some of the other items on the server or on the hard drive.

I still use Netscape 4.7 as my email client as it is the only stable one I have ever found that also allows me to manage my email accounts as well as my saved emails in Windows Explorer. This is advantageous for many reasons, the primary one being able to mirror the contents of my email client account directories. Sure helps when you have a catastrophic crash and need to reformat.. :roll: :roll: :D

hope farmer:

I agree with Dennis. I have tried to log in using other versions of Netscape and have some serious difficulties.. so much so that I have removed Netscape aside from 4.7 from my computers. Also, I have had many reports from AOL users that they have a lot of difficulty downloading files from the manual server as well.

As much as it pains me to say this...... :oops: :oops: :roll: :oops: IE 6.0 or better - build 6.0.2800.1106 being the best so far should be the browser of choice :roll: .

I am real curious to hear from Linux users how the server appears and whether or not there have been problems.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”