This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Do you believe in Miracles

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Do you believe in Miracles

Postby John(videodoc) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Back in 2002-2003 while running an addictions treatment group in our local county jail, as i still do today. I had an extrodainary group of men, that gealed. They came together as a group of people wanting to make a difference. In this group of men, one is now a counselor at the other treatment center in town and pursuing a master degree, while the rest organized a group called the Freebirds once they got out. They had a self help meeting in the jail they called the jail birds group. So you can see the humor in the name. They organized this all by themselves.

here is their site
http://freebirdsrecovery.org/

They are always looking for words of encouragment from the outside. They are having their 5th yr celebration next week, that includes a taped message from the entire band Lynard Skynard themselves since they are named after the song.

I just think its kinda neat to see a success every once in awhile. Just like the phoenix, they have risen from the ashes. It was funny the courts and probation didnt want anything to do with them for the first two years, and now they are keeping them full, in order to relieve the overcrowding jail system.

I just wanted to share something good with my friends, there is so much bad out there now a days.

John

ps If you are able, they are also looking for people to sponsor (donate) rent for a resident. As some of the residents do not have a job, just coming out of jails, prisons or a residential treatment center (mine). Residents have to pay $95 a week, thats for room and 1 hot and 2 cold meals a day. Just give them a call and they will add you to their mailing list, and they will send you the quarterly newsletter detailing their successes and their changes. The donations are strictly monitored and given to those that are most in need and deserving by the board. One of the board members is the Chief proscetuting attorney for our county. So they got a lot of respect over the past 5 years. All from a simple plan started in a jail cell by a bunch of felons. WOW. If you want you can paypal me and i will drop off for you and scan you a receipt, whatever is easiest for you. They have a federal tax ID so it is tax deductible. NON Profit

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Re: Do you believe in Miracles

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 pm

John, congrats to you for taking the time to make a difference in your neighborhood. I am a firm believer that no matter what the local issue, be it alcohol abuse, drug abuse, teenage pregnancy or others, the first step should always be for the citizens to take the steps necessary to provide for a better community from within itself. My hats off to you.
It is refreshing to see that this kind of spirit is still live and well in this great country of ours. Thanks for sharing!

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:36 am

:Dito: John. Hats off to you, pal.
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am

This is a nice "good news" story, John! Nice to see these guys trying to make a go of it with this kind of thing...

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:46 am

Congrats John , you obviously had a positive impact on some of these men. I hope they continue on the path to self developement and continue to be a productive part of the community.

Jim :D

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:42 pm

John, I'm sure you had a strong positive influence on the formation of this group. My hat is off to you.

My hat is also off to the members of the group for turning their lives around and helping others to do the same.

Congratulations to you all. Keep up the good work. :D :D :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”