This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO Pully for Mott Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Pulley,

Postby allenlook » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 am

Yep, I got the pulley for my Woods L59, which is about 7" as I recall...

But they have the hub that fits the Cub (as listed above), and then there's all sorts of pulleys that fit that particular hub. Pretty sweet way to do it, I thought.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Oh.

Postby allenlook » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:01 am

Oh, and they had the books right there and got the part number in less than 30 seconds - so it wasn't a big deal to call them (as I did) with virtually no information other than "I have a Cub and a Woods L59 and need the PTO drive pulley."
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greenbunch » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:00 am

Bill, I will take me a few days to get the measurments and I will pass them along. Allen, thanks I think I will order a hub with an 8" PULLEY from them. Lou
1955 Farmall Cub

greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greenbunch » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:06 am

Bill, Here are the Mott mower drawbar bracket dimensions:

12" long x 2" wide 1/4 steel for the long piece that has the mower pulleys attached. This is wleded to a 6" x 2" x 1/4 which is them drilled for bolt that attach to the drawbar. Good luck.

By the way the Mott PTO pulley is an 8" unit. I'll try and order it from Tri State Bearing. Lou
1955 Farmall Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:20 am

Bill, many of the prices are a littl high, but $300 for the idler bracket is totally unreasonable. If you can wait until mowing season is over, I will take the one off mine along with what other aprts you need to a local welding shop and see what they would charge to make them. I would guess about 85 to 100 for the idler bracket, about 35 to 50 for the drawbar mount, and about 25 for the belt tensioner. Thes ar not estimates, but mor on the order of WAGs.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greenbunch » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:27 pm

Allenlook, I tried to order that pulley from Tri-state and they said Huh ???? Perhaps you could check you invoice and get their order number for the hub and pulley. Thanks Lou
1955 Farmall Cub

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

OK

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:54 pm

Will do!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:47 pm

Thanks for the dimensions Greenbunch.

Rondell where did you order the H978 10 SPL B hub. I called Mc Master, Tri State bearing a nd flail Master and all the I got was DAHHHHHHH.
What ever supplier comes up with it will sell more than 1. Greenbunch is looking for one too.
Alle was it the PTO pully that you ordered? If so number please( to coin a phrase)

Thanks
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:46 pm

Greenbunch I found this at TMtractor parts. I need an 8 inch but the 7 3/4 will do and perhaps once we have a hub the larger sheave will be available from case or elsewhere. I Emailed an order to my dealer. I won't hear back till monday because he closes at 12 on sat. These numbers are for a rotary mower.

Item desc: rotary mower pulley assembly We do not sell these items as used parts. The 7-3/4 inch diameter V belt pulley (drive sheave) and the bushing (drive sheave splined hub) can be purchased new from your local CaseIH dealer. The pulley is CaseIH part number 296760A1 and sells for approximately $40 plus shipping and the bushing is CaseIH part number 296761A1 and sells for approximately $15 plus shipping. (prices may vary depending upon location.)
If you do not have a local dealer, use the dealer locator on the Case IH web site. The link is http://www.caseih.com and the dealer locater link is in the top right hand corner of their home page.
We use Columbia Tractor of Claverack, NY, for our new IH parts. You can order on the phone or use their Internet order form. Their number is 800-352-3621 or 518-828-1781. When you call, ask for the Parts Department and tell them that Tom at TM sent you. They ship parts to the U.S. and internationally.
Columbia Tractor web site.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:13 pm

Beaconlight,
This is the number off the bushing I purchased from my CNH dealer. The critical numbers are 978(.978 diameter) and 10 spl(10 splines). The H indicates the size of the tapered hub I believe.
I purchased the hub and pulley for my Woods 42c from them. It cost about $45 for the both of them. If I remember the Woods parts were cheaper than The IH parts
Rondell

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:01 pm

Thanks Rondellh. I'll get this mower going yet.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:28 pm

This isn't a good solution for those without access to machine tools, but here's how I got around the problem one time. It may sound a little complicated, but really isn't such a big job. I was faced with chewed up splines on the shaft and a messed up hub. Maybe this will help someone.

I turned the shaft between centers so it would run true and turned the splines down just slightly so they had a true surface. Then I bored the hub accurately so it was also true and eliminated the spline, and cut a keyway. Then I made a bushing to adapt the two new diameters. The bushing was split for a keyway and a special key made to fit. I treated is as a smooth bore fitted to a smooth shaft. The tapered hub drew up just fine and the pulley ran true. I no longer have this Cub, but as far as I know, it is still working.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:54 pm

Thanks george I can picture what you say but can not do it my self. I had an old machinest friend that could have, but he has gone to the big machine shop in the sky.
I do have a couple of questions though,
1. how did you machine the splines on the shaft? Aren't they hardened? Same for the splines in the hub?
2. did the key use one of the splines as a key way?
3. was it a step key or did the the hub and bushing key way match a spline?
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:04 pm

beaconlight wrote:Thanks george I can picture what you say but can not do it my self. I had an old machinest friend that could have, but he has gone to the big machine shop in the sky.
I do have a couple of questions though,
1. how did you machine the splines on the shaft? Aren't they hardened? Same for the splines in the hub?
2. did the key use one of the splines as a key way?
3. was it a step key or did the the hub and bushing key way match a spline?
Bill

Bill,

1. The shaft isn't particularly hard. In fact, a little hardness helps.

2. Yes.

3. If I remember right, it was a step key. No biggie.

(4.) For a repair like this to be successful, it is very important to keep things tight, so they have no chance to move.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greenbunch » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:47 am

Yep I ordered the same set from IH and will report back how they fit. Thanks

beaconlight wrote:Greenbunch I found this at TMtractor parts. I need an 8 inch but the 7 3/4 will do and perhaps once we have a hub the larger sheave will be available from case or elsewhere. I Emailed an order to my dealer. I won't hear back till monday because he closes at 12 on sat. These numbers are for a rotary mower.

Item desc: rotary mower pulley assembly We do not sell these items as used parts. The 7-3/4 inch diameter V belt pulley (drive sheave) and the bushing (drive sheave splined hub) can be purchased new from your local CaseIH dealer. The pulley is CaseIH part number 296760A1 and sells for approximately $40 plus shipping and the bushing is CaseIH part number 296761A1 and sells for approximately $15 plus shipping. (prices may vary depending upon location.)
If you do not have a local dealer, use the dealer locator on the Case IH web site. The link is http://www.caseih.com and the dealer locater link is in the top right hand corner of their home page.
We use Columbia Tractor of Claverack, NY, for our new IH parts. You can order on the phone or use their Internet order form. Their number is 800-352-3621 or 518-828-1781. When you call, ask for the Parts Department and tell them that Tom at TM sent you. They ship parts to the U.S. and internationally.
Columbia Tractor web site.
Bill
1955 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”