This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Onions

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Onions

Postby Jim Roy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 am

Getting ready to set my onions set out. I always put them out on Election Day, they do very well and I have fresh onions early in the spring.
The onions I put out are called old fashion tater onions. We save our seed from year to year. Use the large ones thru the year and save the small ones to set out.
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Onions

Postby SONNY » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Jim!!---are you talking about the winter onions?---also known as walking onions?---some refer to them as "top set"---We have quite a large patch of them growing here and it gets bigger every year!---they are very good early in the spring when tender!--get hot when weather warms up a little! thanks ; sonny

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”