This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO Pully for Mott Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO Pully for Mott Mower

Postby greenbunch » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:42 pm

Well after thinking my mower shaft was bent, I realized the PTO mounted pully for my Mott mower is shot. The thing has not teeth left on the shaft mount hole. It's a 1955 Farmall Cub with a D9 mott mower and it runs great and mows great. The PTO shaft looks fine, just the pully is shot. Anybody know where I can get one of these pulleys ?
1955 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tractor Bill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby tractor Bill » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:23 pm

I got a pto pulley for my woods mower from wengers. I just called them and
discribed the pulley I had and diameter and they found one for me. 1800-451-5240. They don't list pulleys on there web site, but they do have em.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:28 pm

It's the same size pulley used on the Woods 42c. They are also still available form your local Mott (Alamo) dealer. Ony problem is thay are alittle pricey from either place. You might also try McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com You can get their number from the website and give them a call. I just bought a pulley for the cutter shaft for my Mott from them for about $24 including shipping. Unfortunately you may have a problem that the worn pulley has worn off the splines a little, and a new pulley may not wnat to clamp down correctly. I have that problem with my old 48.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:48 pm

Sometimes I think a little slow. Call flailmaster at 800-251-4020. The orignal number for the pto pulley was 101702. They probably will have the best ptice for a new one. I didn't find it on their site, but they have a lot of parts that aren't on it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greenbunch » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:02 am

Thanks, I will give them a try. The spines look OK but I'm sure they are worn somewhat. Does your pulley have a clamp with a bolt as well as a hole thru it for a pin ?
1955 Farmall Cub

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:21 am

Thank you John for the number. I called Flailmaster and they do not have the pulley in stock. They are ordering one for me and a bunch of other stuff. Someone gave me a Mott mower but kept the hardware for something else. His is a 58 Cub in a tin shed in his back yard. He said that he gave it to one of his sons. This on a 50 by 100 plot. The house on one side was just torn down and a huge new house replaced so there is no getting the machine on that side. On the other side at least 2 trees have to be cut down and a couple of chain link fence posts pulled. He owned a large Vacation resort years ago and just loves the tractor. Frank still goes out in the shed and starts the machine and just sits and listens to it from time to time.
I ordered 2 41 000548 Idler Pulley ( only 1 in stock)
1 42 101995 Idler bracket assembly
1 43 101779 Hitch Pin
1 44 101728 Belt Adj Lever
1 45 101731 Draw Bar bracket assembly( MD)
1 47 101702 Drive Pullev

The draw bar bracket assembly being out of stock is a problem. I guess that I can get one made up by a welder but I have no idea of dimensions. Perhaps it will be come obvious when the rest of the parts come. I will hear back later if any thing else is MD.
I also told the lady that if some one else called for the Drive Pulley to give it to them because I did not want to jump in line ahead of some one else. That is when the lady told me that there were none in stock and that she would have to order it.

If any one has an idea where I can get that Draw bar assembly I would be mighty grateful.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

greenbunch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greenbunch » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:03 pm

Bill, I am going to call them also and order that pulley. What is the price of that one, I'm almost afraid to ask. The drawbar braket should be easy to build. I have the original Mott documentation, If you want I could scan it and send email it to you. I could also give you the dimension from mine if you don't locate one. I really like the Mott and use it for my lawn as well as heavy field use. Lou
1955 Farmall Cub

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:50 pm

Well it didn.t work out well at all.
Flailmaster has none of the 101702 and and they can't get one. Their source says obsolete and there is no superseded number. The idler pullies 00548 are $20.90 I ordered 2. the 101779 clevis pin is $3.15. The 101995 Idler bracket assembly is Available but at $310.25. and I will try to get one from a junk yard and if not perhaps someone can give me dimensions and i can get someone to weld me up one. I do good grapes but not welding. The belt adjusting lever 101728 is $61.95 and I will also try dis-assemblers. They also tell me that 101731 draw bar bracket assembly is MD.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

New Pulley

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:14 pm

I just got a new pulley for my Woods L59 from Tri-State Bearing, and they shipped it so fast it was here the second day... Wasn't a lot of dough, either. They have shops all over the country, but I called the HQ out west, I think Indiana, but I'm going from memory here.

I can look up all the details if you like. Mine was a "Browning", and their website is http://www.tristatebearings.com/index.html
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:25 pm

Allen do you have a part number? I am having a problem with their E-catalogue. Can't get it to go to pullies. If i have a number it will be easier when I call in the morning.
Does any one know how the diamater of the mott pully corresponds to the one from a l22 sickle bar?

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:36 pm

Green Bunch Thanks i could use those dimensions. I have a mott parts book that I downloaded. It gives a rough sketch but no dimensions. The dimensions of the draw bar bracket would let me get one of them made up too.
Thank You
Bill

I just realized that Allen got his pulley for a different mower. Things don't sink in as fast as they ought to. Is that a pulley on the mower or is it the one on the tractor?
Thanks again
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:48 pm

I believe the PTO shaft pulley for the Mott is the same as the Woods mowers or close enough, 8" or maybe just under. The taper hub pulleys by Browning are readily available from McMaster and similar places. The hub splined for the Cub PTO is harder to find. For example, Grainger has pulleys but couldn't help me with a hub.

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:12 pm

Allenlook wrote:
" I called the HQ out west, I think Indiana,"

What do New Yorkers call those in California?

Way out west!!!! :-)

Mike
Way out west in the Wisconsin Heartland
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:57 pm

The Browning part # for the hub is
H 978 10 SPL B
You can order pulleys in various sizes to fit this hub.
Rondell

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:32 am

Do I read this right? The hub fits the PTO and then you key different size pully to the hub for what ever job you are doing? What a great way if it is so.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”