This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bread Machine Recipes

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Bread Machine Recipes

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Looking for bread machine recipies. Purchased a bread machine. Bread quality excellent. Recipes provided with the machine - taste is a bit on the bland side.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Bread Machine Recipes

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:47 am

Eugene,

Looks like nobody else is going to respond, so I'll take a stab at it. There are several good books out that are specifically bread machine recipes. Search Amazon for "bread machine" and I think you'll find them. My machine came with a recipe pamphlet included. Maybe yours did, also. If not, PM me your mailing address and I'll make a copy of mine and send it to you.

To get you started, here are two that I use regularly:

Oatmeal Bread

1 package fresh dry yeast
3 cups "Better for Bread" flour
1 cup Quaker Old Fashioned oats
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons non-fat dry milk powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use corn oil)
1 1/4 cups warm water

Add your dry ingredients first, then the wet. Add the water last. Make sure that the yeast will not come in direct contact with the salt. It will kill the yeast.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

1 package dry yeast
3 cups "Better for Bread" flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons non-fat dry milk powder
1 1/4 cups warm water
2/3 cups raisins

Same rules above apply. Your machine instructions will tell you when to add the raisins to keep them from being pulverized.

My machine makes a 1.5 pound loaf. Yours may vary. Batteries not included. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Banana Bread

Postby Eugene » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Banana Bread. Makes 1 lb loaf.

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 extra large eggs - lightly beaten
¼ cup sour cream or plain or vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

All above in bread machine pan. Kneed. Add following about 5 minutes into the kneading process.

2/3 cup mashed banana
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts.

Turned out to be a pretty good banana bread. I used black walnuts.

I have the manual including recipes with the machine. My mother makes a really good bread in her machine. Next time I visit I will get the recipe.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Rianna
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36748

Re: Bread Machine Recipes

Postby Rianna » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:07 pm

These rolls are a hit with everyone that's tried them.

3/4 cup water plus 3 tablespoons water
3 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons powdered milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons yeast
6 tablespoons of butter, sliced evenly
*extra melted butter for coating the rolls before rising*

Add the water to pan. I always add my powdered milk to the water, then add the flour, sugar & salt (around the outside edge of the flour). Make a well in the middle of the flour and add yeast. Take the butter and place around the edges of the flour...place pan inside of machine and set your bread machine to the "dough" cycle. When the cycle is finished, take dough out and knead a few times, then place it in a bowl that has a tablespoon of oil in the bottom. Roll dough around to get it coated, then place in a warm area and let rise. (I place a dampened paper towel on top...not sure if that's needed, but something I've always done.)
Punch down dough and knead again, just a few times. For Cloverleaf Rolls: Shape dough – 3 balls 1/2 inch to 1 inch in diameter, for one roll, and place in muffin pans (that have been sprayed with non-stick spray) or...Cut dough in half; cut each half into 24 pieces. Shape into balls. Place close together in pans. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until double. I normally do this because the rolls end up so moist. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or so. (I always have to take one out of the middle and check it to make sure it's completely done.) As soon as they come out of the oven, I take any remaining melted butter and re-coat the tops of them.

Delicious:)

Edited to clarify. Sorry for any confusion!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”