This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Should I buy new tire tubes?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Tubes...

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:43 am

Yes, I saw some tubes that you can buy with the Slime already in them!

But anyway, hopefully my new tubes will get here soon. I spent a good two hours on the front rims last night, wire-brushing at least the worst of the scale off them. They're rusted pretty good inside...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Tubes...

Postby Dale51 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:57 am

allenlook wrote:Yes, I saw some tubes that you can buy with the Slime already in them!

But anyway, hopefully my new tubes will get here soon. I spent a good two hours on the front rims last night, wire-brushing at least the worst of the scale off them. They're rusted pretty good inside...

allenlook,
Don,t for get to put a good coat of paint on the in side.
Will help stop rust & helps cover up some of the sharp edges of the rust.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Goood.

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:09 am

Got 'em painted up real good on the inside, just got the new tubes from Miller Tire. Those guys are goooood.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:47 am

Well I have My front rims cooking right now a boiling at 10-amps. I like to do it the easy way.
Then came Bronson

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

To cook, or not to cook...

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:55 pm

I debated about boilin' them, but I've got so much other stuff in the boiler that would be impossible to clean otherwise that I decided to just wire-brush them while the other parts were making soup... That and they had a really good coat of paint on them that I wanted to keep...

Return to “Farmall Cub”