This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Vendors

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Vendors

Postby Donny M » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:03 pm

The other day (Wednesday I think) I called Maple-Hunter for decals for 49-1. I got talking to one of the fella's there and had a nice conversation. When it came time to pay the man he said "I'll put the decals in the mail and send you a bill. We do things the old way". I was somewhat surprised and waited for the package. The decals arrived today and I'm very :D happy :D with the quality :!: :!: I put a check in the mail this evening, I know it's Saturday night and it won't go out until Mondays mail but it makes me feel better.

The folks at Maple-Hunter are a far cry from most other vendors I have dealt with. The other day I ordered some things and the fella said they wouldn't go out until he received a check. That's alright with me but why should I trust them when they aren't trusting me :?: :? :? I'm more like the Maple-Hunter type; I'm a trusting fella until given reason not to be.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:21 pm

I like to be a trusting person, but it's gotten me into trouble! :roll: We have a few outstanding bills because we waivered from our $$ first policy, and it was from people we had dealt with before and trusted! :cry: I am certain that all of the folks here would be most trust-worthy, and don't like to demand money up-front, but I decided we have to stick to policy, or we end up being the ones to get stuck. :cry: A business (if they have any sense at all!!) will make sure that the parts that have been paid for get to the customer because if they don't, no more business! :wink:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:16 pm

parts man,

I wasn't singleing out any particular vendor, it seems that most of them work this way. I was surprised at how Maple-Hunter does business. I've been in business for over 20 years and have only been screwed once. Pretty good record. The company that didn't pay was a company that no one would expect to do something like that. They are no longer in the broadcast business :D :D

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:30 pm

I won't ship unless money is in hand.. In the past 2 years there have been quite a few bad apples show up in this hobby. One friend of mine that deals in Case parts will ship without money, and I know at this date in time he has $2000 - $3000 in unpaid 60 day old reciepts.

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

Vendors

Postby Jersey_cub » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:34 pm

:( Gentlemen I am sure we all have had some bad experiences in business one time or another, but as Donny said it sure is nise to know there are some trusting people still out there these days. As for me my moto is trust a person until he or she proves otherwise. :o Remember the handshake :?: :idea:

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:46 pm

Yea, what FJ said :!: :!:

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:43 pm

Donny, I didn't take your post as a slight, you seem very much a gentleman, I was just explaining our position to all. :wink:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:45 pm

It is one thing for a decal vendor to loose the price of a set of decals, quite another for a vendor to not get paid for some rare NOS parts.

One other factor to consider is that every time a vendor gets stiffed by a deadbeat, the rest of us end up paying for it. If we don't, the vendor doesn't stay in business.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:55 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
It is one thing for a decal vendor to loose the price of a set of decals, quite another for a vendor to not get paid for some rare NOS parts.

A thief is a thief whether a dollar or a dime :!:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:13 pm

A thief is a thief whether a dollar or a dime

Agreed. :evil:

Remember the handshake

Yeah, the good ole days. Where'd they go? To the Lawyers?

I think the vendor-customer relationship is important. A tip of the cap to Tom M. @ TMtractor Parts. I asked questions..he answered..returned calls, e-mailed me back with answers, opinions and some sage advice. I once was in a bind, needing a part that just couldn't be found at a reasonable price. A part he normally didn't sell. He sent me the part, told me to try it, and if it worked out, then pay him. It worked out, and I have been a dedicated customer ever since. Although he sends stuff as soon as I order it, I make sure I have an e-check on the way. :P

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:03 am

[/quote]
A thief is a thief whether a dollar or a dime :!:[/quote]

There is such a thing as an honest thief. I have been called a thief many times for making unbelievable deals and get jealous praises of "Man you stole that thing". We have all had at least 1-deal like that hopefully. So we have all been an honest Thief at some time I hope. :twisted: :?:
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”