This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 54 Leveling/Grader Blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Pics of what I got...

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:15 am

Here's what I've got...

Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Well...

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 am

allenlook wrote:I also have two plows, one with a disk and one without, that don't look like they hook up "easily". :roll: :?
Assuming you are talking about molboard plows, they aren't too bad to install, but you need a depthe control lever for them. Remove the drawbar and remove the 2 bolts that lock it from moving up and down, so it can pivot on the pins. Reinstall it in the front mounting holes on the final drive facing forward. Mount the depth control lever in the top mounting holes on the right final drive, and connect the dogbone to the drawbar. This allows you to move the drawbar up and down which controls your plowing depth. The plow then bolts to the drawbar off set to the right. A chain runs from the rear rockshaft to the plow beam to lif it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:33 am

Interesting collection you have there.

I couldn't guess what the blade was made for. If the basic dimensions are in bounds, you should be able to make some brackets to mount it. The height of the blade may cause a problem belly mounting -- may not have clearance to lift it.

The plow with the colter blade looks like a sleeve hitch (used on smaller garden tractors). The other plow (looks like it may be a middlebuster) is intended to attach to the rear of a horse.

The sicklebar mower is a 5' Cub-22. Don't see the drive pulley or a grass board/rod in the pictures but it looks pretty complete otherwise. Looks like the Woods 59 fits the Cub as well. :)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:34 am

Neither plow is a cub plow. One looks like a garden tractor plow and the other is the remnants of a horse-drawn middle buster.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:16 pm

I didn't see the pictures when I made my earlier post, I think I must have been typing while you were posting it. It's been along time since I paid any attention to the pto pulley for a Woods L59, but you apprear to have the pulley for your scikle mower instaled running the woods.

Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Catfish » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:48 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner, I thought the same thing.I would think the blades would turn too slow to work properly with the small pulley.
CatfishImage

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

PUlley...

Postby allenlook » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:39 am

Hmmm, that's the only pulley I've got - I'll have to look through some of the pics and see if I can find what the Woods one looks like, then see if I can find one somewhere used.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Cub-22

Postby allenlook » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:41 am

Jim,

Yes, I think the -22 is the most complete implement I've got, minus the grassboard.

Not knowing there were multiple drive pulleys (but it makes sense) I'm assuming the drive pulley on the PTO is for the sickle bar, like John said.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:47 am

Looking at the manuals on Rudi's server it appears that the original pulley for the Woods L59 would have been a 6 inch split bushing pulley (smaller version of the 8 inch one used on the 42c).

Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Catfish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:59 pm

Allenlook, Have you used the mower with the smaller pulley? Just curious as to how well it works. If you do switch to the larger pulley, be careful to not misplace the small one as they are pretty hard to find used and run about $75.00 new!!
CatfishImage

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

sixty five

Postby allenlook » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:06 am

Wow ... that much for a pulley?

Gotta get a look at the parts manuals... After pressure-washing that fan shroud the other night I got pressure-washitis and started looking for stuff to blast with it :twisted:

I took it at the Woods L59, which as you can see from the pics was completely black with hydraulic fluid and motor oil that had seeped out of the engine and mixed with dust and grass.

Well, a few minutes later it was sparklin' clean, and I even found all the original decals under all that gunk! I didn't know that Woods was a division of Hesston, the same people that made that blade I have, so it looks like I'll have two questions to ask when I call them - what's the pulley gonna cost, and what the heck do I do with that blade?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:09 am

If the blade is wide enough (54 inches) it looks like it shouldn't be any problem to make some mounts for it.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

So...

Postby allenlook » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:18 am

Does that mean I get to buy a welder? :D :D :D :D :D

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby allenlook » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:56 am

Jim Becker wrote:The plow with the colter blade looks like a sleeve hitch (used on smaller garden tractors). The other plow (looks like it may be a middlebuster) is intended to attach to the rear of a horse.

Looks like I got me some new "sacrificial electrodes" :{_}:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Re: So...

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:08 am

allenlook wrote:Does that mean I get to buy a welder? :D :D :D :D :D
Ask your wife.

Return to “Farmall Cub”