This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wood 59 Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wood 59 Mower

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:19 pm

The casters I got with the mower lay the grass down before it gets cut. I have the high suction blades but the grass doesn't have enough time to rebound. Today I sandwiched the casters between the outside of the mower deck and the skids. This puts the casters about 63" apart instead of about 30".
I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if there're any drawbacks :?: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:30 pm

Castors on a mowing deck?? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Suction blades?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Donny, you could always go back to the Craftsman, eh? :wink: :wink:

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:43 pm

HR,

Not on a bet :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: The new mower is too 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Casters...

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:24 am

My casters are just inside the skids on the front edge of the mower deck...

I just noticed, on this page, http://www.cngco.com/woods.html, that the L59 Mower Deck I have mounted on my Cub is actually for the Farmall A? It seems to work pretty darn good, though... Am I overstressing my Cub or something?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Can't find pic...

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:29 am

I can't seem to find a picture of the L59 online with wheels on it... Mine must be add-ons, although they look like part of the original deck, so they must be optional equipment?

I need to do a search to find out the difference between the Woods 59, L59, C59, all that stuff...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:59 am

Castors are an option for the L59 decks, and are quite handy to help prevent scalping. Likewise the high suction blades are an option and provide higher airflow to lift the grass better.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:05 pm

I have two rather large casters on my L59. They definitely help rolling over those soft hills in the yard. Mine are mounted in line with the support mounting rails on the front.

Return to “Farmall Cub”