This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Magneto filled with engine oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike D
10+ Years
10+ Years

Magneto filled with engine oil

Postby Mike D » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:41 pm

I've had a starting problem with my 1948 Cub. My tractor has a magneto with no coil. For the past year it has been hard to start, needs choke to fire and then I must try six or seven times before I can get it running. Took Zenith carb apart, cleaned it -not much improvement. I replaced the plugs and when I took the mag off to replace points/condenser I found the magneto was filled with engine oil. The points were submerged in oil. I am surprised it fired at all. There must be a bad seal somewhere. Any advice on how to replace the seal, and where to find it, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:48 pm

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:49 pm

Mike,

The seal that's leaking is the governor seal just in front of the mag. Go to Rudi's site:http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html
There's lots and lots of great infromation there.

Mike D
10+ Years
10+ Years

magneto filled with oil

Postby Mike D » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:56 am

Thanks Big Dog and Donny. Mike

Return to “Farmall Cub”