This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Timing - chapter two.........

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Timing - chapter two.........

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:34 am

Thanks to all & HL's timing procedures I now have a slight handle on how to do it. Last night I discovered that I am one tooth (I thing) out of time. I will fix that tonight. It would have been so much easier without the radiator installed but oh well :cry:

With cylinder #1 at TDC, timing pointer on the notch. I could turn the magneto out away from the engine to about the one o'clock position. By doing this everything seemed to be in time. The clack (spark) was right at TDC and the rotor was pointing at the #1 post in the cap. :arrow:

I still had no spark at the plugs :x What am I missing?
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:38 am

Bad wires, bad cap, or bad rotor.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:55 am

Ken, take a good look at the inside of the cap and also the rotor. The center contact of the cap must make good contact with the rotor and the rotor tip and all of the tower contacts must be clean. If you have not already done so, you will probably want to invest in a cap and rotor. Also plug wires need to be solid core or metallic wires not composite wires.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”