This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

belts on 184

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bdunegan
10+ Years
10+ Years

belts on 184

Postby bdunegan » Fri May 16, 2008 2:17 pm

have a chance to get a real slick 184 all tin good, and has grill guard on front. no dents or anything anywhere. only thing it needs are the twin belts behind clutch that drives the rear pto. have looked, and this seems to be a major operation to get them on. can someone please walk me through it as to what all has to be removed>? thanks for the info, as this is my first time to own a 184.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: belts on 184

Postby Gary Dotson » Sun May 18, 2008 5:50 am

It's been a while since I've done one, so I can't really walk you through it, but you'll need to remove the side panels & floor panel. Remove the drive shaft and I don't remember the rest. These belts appear to be kinda special, so get them from a dealer. Check the clutch throw-out bearing while you're in there, the one I did needed replaced and they're pretty pricey. They don't service, just the bearing, but the whole assembly. Our local dealer parts man said they have tried to find "bearing only" from other sources, to no avail. All things considered, it's not too bad of a job to replace the belts, once you're in there it's not hard to figure out what you need to do.

Doper
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: belts on 184

Postby Doper » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:20 pm

I just did my 154 and great success with kevlar reinforced belts from fleet farm ... I run a tiller and a 60 inch blower with them and the old style ones tended to slip alot ... but not the kevlar ones ... now heres the good news bad news ... some of the later 184s have a drive shaft that is hollow and slides inside itself to allow the belts to be installed ... the older ones do not ... mine did not .. it required removal of all the engine mounting hardware and a wedge ... pull all the hardware and use a bar to pry the engine forward and use the wedge to hold the motor in place while you service the belts. then release, put the hardware back in and your done .... sounds crude but its per the service manual and only took me about 3 hours ... good luck.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”