This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Jack point

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Jack point

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:28 pm

I've got Jay jacked up in the air, and now I've decided to take off the steering gear housing, as well as taking off the oil pan to get a good look into the underside of the engine.

I'm trying to take off the front axle assembly, but can't get to that last bolt, and everything is so covered in gunk I can't tell what is what... It's going to take some lookin' at the parts manuals :)

Is it OK to have Jay up on the jack from the clutch bell housing - extended forward it shouldn't do any damage, right? After all, the engine block is part of the whole tractor chassis, and should be able to take its own weight!

Took some real bangin' to get the front wheels off, by the way :shock: Evidently, spider poop is a powerful adhesive.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:31 pm

It won't hurt the tractor to be supported at that point. Just use caution and make sure it is adequately supported.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”