This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tube popped out of the strainer!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Tube popped out of the strainer!

Postby allenlook » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:06 pm

Well, I started tearing down Jay tonight. Got the hood/gas tank off OK, set it aside. Although instead of getting the rubber tube off of the strainer assembly, the metal pipe came right out of it instead!

I have a bad digital picture of it, but didn't think it was worthwhile to post it...

With the gas shut off, it isn't leaking or anything, but is that OK?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:24 pm

Without seeing the fitting it's hard to day, but I assume the fitting is a compression type with a ferule that is clamped by the nut. Apparently the nut hadn't been tightened up enough to crimp the ferrule on the tube and it just slipped out. If you are doing a "as close to original as possible" restoral, many people use steel brake lines.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Aha...

Postby allenlook » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:00 pm

Ah, yes - it is a compression type fitting, and it was barely compressed - you're right... :)

I'm doing a "get this thing running and out of the garage to see how well it mows the lawn" restoration. :?

Once I terrorize the grass with it for a few months, then I think I'll put it into the shop over the winter for some de-rusting and "prettifying"... :{_}:
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”