This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gear Shift Gasket & Brake Questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tom CA Cub '49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gear Shift Gasket & Brake Questions

Postby Tom CA Cub '49 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:23 pm

Have a couple of quick questions that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

First, I have recently replaced the gear shift on my 1949 cub. For the gasket, I just bought some gasket material, traced the bottom of the gear shift base and installed it. Now, it seemed to me that there was no need to use any gasket dressing for this, but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone thinks otherwise.

Second, I am just starting to bring an old 1948 cub back to life. It is truly in some pretty sorry shape. I have been able to successfully clean out all the mice droppings in the engine which now turns over nicely. I have not yet started it. My question now concerns the brakes. I jacked up the back of the tractor, spun the wheels and hit the brakes which appear to work just fine. However, the springs are shot and the brake pedal will not spring back at all. (I am assuming that the springs are the only part of the tractor that are intended to bring the brake pedal back to its original position.) So, I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to purchase a set of three springs for my '48 and, while I am at it, another set for my '49 since the don't look so hot either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tom

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:31 pm

Tom, first of all, I see no need for anything on the gasket. There was recently a discussion on brake springs on the forum. Here is a link to that thread:

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4339&highlight=springs
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”