This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Service Brake Bands

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Service Brake Bands

Postby EZ » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:12 am

My brakes are worn out on the old '67 Lo.

Has anyone had success re-lining thier own brakes?

The parts manual shows a lining and 10 rivets available as a kit. I'm doing an order today and will find out if it is still available. When I checked on buying the whole band with lining installed, $80Cdn for just one!
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:21 am

EZ:

I am using a place called Friction Plus here in Dieppe, that relines brakes for cars and trucks. It is about relatively cheap for the stock and a couple bucks to have it re-lined. I am going to have one set done, then replace Ellie's brakes and then have her's done, then go on to Granny and then have the last set done so I have a spare on hand.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:07 am

Relining kits for the earlier ones (straight pull) are available from the dealer. I assume a kit for the toggle link such as your uses would also be available. The material comes flat, and is easier to bend to shape without breaking if you soak it in water for a day or two.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:08 pm

Just got off the phone with Case/IH dealer. He says the lining kit is no longer available for him. They can only get the band c/w lining, price is $54.00Cdn. That is still alittle steep for me so I have another guy checking out some aftermarket prices. IH guy said awhile ago there was a concern with the asbestos used in the brake linings and they were all thrown out to the proper disposal depot for hazardous materials that can kill you bin. AW!

I'm hoping that Steve at Ontario Used Tractors can get me a better price on the bands.

Thanks guys I'll let you know what comes out.
Just Do It !

Return to “Farmall Cub”