This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rudi's Battery Box

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rudi's Battery Box

Postby ScottyG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:50 am

So Rudi,

On your site, Clean Computes, I noticed your battery box project. Any chance that you make for sale the bottom section? This would be the mounting plate and rear (with rear light mount). My original top cover and sides are fine.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Hmmm...

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:35 am

Wow, it costs that much? (Referring to Rudi's estimate on the b-box page.) So is the 30-buck one I ordered going to be crappy?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:07 am

Quality battery boxes are not cheap. They are also still available from Case IH. And there are quality reproductions as well as some not-so-good ones available. I have purchased one from Chown's (Rudi's & David's design). I will pick it up at Cubarama in Sept. It is being thoughtfully hand-delivered by Lurker Carl who picked it up for me at Cubfest Northeast.

Your $30 reproduction will be rather thin and may not even resemble the original.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:13 am

K will try to answer both posts.

Scotty, yeah probably can be done. Give David Chown an email off board and you can set it up through him. I can answer any questions you have though - email me.

Allenlook:

Yeah, by the time they get to Canada and go through all the hoops, loops and other dances the feds want us to play with, it ends up costing $200.00 Canadian.

Give you an example, received a package I ordered the other day. Supposed to be free trade right - when it showed up it cost me another $60.00 in tax and border handling fees.... god that hurts! But if you need something you have to pay for it.

Another example, I need about $20.00 Cdn in parts for my Thunderbird. Only place to getem is in Texas. Based on the last order for these parts, shipping, duty, tax and border charges should end up costing me another $50..-75.00 bucks. Too bad I can't get these parts in Canada.

Now as to comparisons - I have only seen the OEM boxes and the Steiner boxes. They appear to be identical. They are stamped. Pretty well made, but in some very obvious places such as the cover - you can tell that it is no where near the original. The lip is too thin and curves upward because of the stamping process.

Now, if these $85.00 boxes do that, what do you think a $30.00 box will look like????? Course now, that is just me opinion. I just refuse to pay tha much for something that doesn't make me happy. I also figure that I might as well try to be as close to original as possible.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:14 pm

I can say that I have seen these boxes up close and personal and they are of good quality with a heavier gauge metal. Rudi had 2 of them in his shop, grey primed, and very nice. Also had a couple of the tool boxes, and I know they are working on reproducing the side supports for the hood. These can be a hard to find item, and from what I have seen these gents are paying alot of attention to detail which includes a good fit. Certainly, I would shop around, but price does not always mean quality, and that goes both ways. In this case, you DO get what you pay for.
Just Do It !

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:49 pm

:P Well you canadian boys seem to be making some fine reproduction parts from what I have been reading about the B&T boxs. Also if I remember correctly I think it is Bruce? who is making new screen grilles that are a winner. Now if I was to buy any of these items how much S&H cost do you spose it is to northern Cal~eeeeee~for~neee~a?.
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:08 pm

A durn sight cheaper than the udder way around JB.

Individual rates may vary, but they just sent one stateside. Must ask what the shipping was.

Also, Bruce does make a real nice grille. I have one in the shop at the moment. Before I prime it, I am going to take pics of the welds and important stuff and then again after I prime it.

For anyone who gets one of these grilles, I think they will be more than satisfied. As stated before - he brung 3 to CubFest and all three fit like a glove on Ellie-Mae :!: :D

Will let ya'll know when the pics is ready.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:48 pm

:oops: :oops: Wow, ya'll got me blushing now, throwin my name around like that! :lol:
As Rudi mentioned, the B-boxes, tool boxes, and hand cranks are availlable now, and we are also handling grills made by Bruce ( they are a work of art!!) and hope to have some other bits 'n pieces availlable soon.
I believe that super A and C boxes are in the works, and will be adding other things as need/desire becomes evident.
If I get a slack day soon (like that's going to happen :roll: ) I'll be putting some pictures and descriptions of above items on our site.

Thanks to Rudi for the help in setting this up and for his tech support, and to those who have already purchased boxes from us. We appreciate the support guys!! 8) :wink:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:40 pm

Didn`t know you had hand-cranks Partsman. I just bid on one at eBay about an hour ago.
Then came Bronson

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:29 am

HI ALL

I was wondering where the prices are posted for these items, not including the shipping and other fees ? bat box, grille, tool box, hand crank? THANKS !! Paul K. in N.H.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:03 am

Paul:

The simple answer for the moment is to email David. You just hit the email button and there you go. He is working on getting pics for the Battery Box, Tool Box and Hand Cranks. I am working on getting the grille primed and also the new Super A Battery Boxes. Had a request for one, so we tried those as well -- superior product.

Don't want to sound like I am blowing our own horn.... but.... Had a comment that aside from one tiny improvement (which has now been incorporated) that these were the best he has seen in a long time. He restores Farmall's on a regular basis for collectors..

Still trying to work out the problems on the dog legs though. It is a small problem which involves the capabilities of the brake. Hoping to have some success soon.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:08 am

:?: Rudi, Them thar doggy-legs look tedious to make. Are you also gonna spot-weld square nuts on them like the originale. :?:
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:10 am

JB:

Already done :lol: , that was one of the easy things. The big problem is getting the bend in the lip to be the proper depth so that the grille mates to the dog leg properly.

Haven't yet figured that out.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:05 pm

I stole a few minutes today and took the pictures that I think will give a decent idea of what the parts look like. Now I just ahve to put them together in a somewhat coherent way on my site! :lol: I will include prices with the pictures when I get them uploaded.

Thank you all for your support!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”