This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub ROPS

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:00 pm

I guess each person has their own concerns, but here in the Missouri hills I'd be scared to death to use a seat belt with no ROP.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Personal preference

Postby allenlook » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:36 am

True! I'd be afraid to be stuck to the tractor without a roll bar - but only because I envision myself jumping off in the event of a mishap... Probably not the best of safety precautions!

A good safety system has to have both (bar and belt). I never had a ROPS on any tractor growing up, and consider myself fortunate to never have had a serious mishap - mostly due to being extremely careful.

Truth be known, you can just never tell. No matter how careful you are, you can't always predict or control uneven terrain, brake fade/failure, etc.

As I said originally, anything that actually reduces risk at reasonable expense would be worth it - to me anyway.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”