This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Too much fun!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Too much fun!!!

Postby Donny M » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:11 pm

Went to town today to do some errands and thought I'd stop in to see where my mower was. As soon as I walked in the door the owner said "I called you about 2 hrs ago, your cutter's in". It turns out that the number he called was for some one else. I was sure glad I stopped in because my # was lost.
Anyway, we loaded up the mower and to home I went. Put the mower together and mounted it in about 2hrs. Boy does that thing cut nice and so much more fun than that crapsman :lol: :lol:
When I first started mowing I thought boy, I sure could use more power as the tractor would lug down and stall. Well, the belt had jumped off one of the idlers and was binding things up. :oops: :oops: Once I fixed the belt away I went. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I even tried 3rd gear but I'll stick with 2nd...much smoother.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:26 pm

Glad to hear you got the mower & are happy with it. Now you need a BIG bag of fertilizer to make them cuttings daily. :twisted: :twisted: :{_}: :mrgreen:
Then came Bronson

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:50 am

Hey Donny, how about some pics :!: :D 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:23 am

Donny,
I'd like to see pictures as well. Did you extend your wheel width to match the cutter's width?
HR

Joker555
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joker555 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:33 am

I definately know what you mean about third gear..I think I'll go out and buy be a big ole buckwheat pillow to sit on when tryin third gear.

Works good but rough on the butt!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Wheel width.

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:40 am

Is extending the wheel width recommended? I have the Woods 60" deck, and right now the front wheels appear to be right in line with the rear wheels, and just inside the edges of the deck, which puts them just at the edges of the cut.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:46 am

Allenlook - it sounds like your wheel width is correct for your application. In general, as wide as practical for better stability. If you have no hills etc. to worry about then standard tread width is fine.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Hills...

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:49 am

Thanks BigDog.

Yeah, just one hill to speak of, and I plan on taking that one straight downhill only. It's not a big one, but it doesn't take much of a backslide for me to get my hair on end :shock:
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:39 pm

I'll take some pictures when I return home. I mowed the other night and had to leave in the morning. :cry: :cry: I'm in Portland, OR right now and it's colder than %$#! and raining can't wait to get home and mow :!: :!:

hr,
I left the front axle alone for now. I don't see any advantage in extending it out right now.

Return to “Farmall Cub”