This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gasket for Oil Filter Cover

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gasket for Oil Filter Cover

Postby Paul_NJ » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:10 pm

What's so special about the gasket for the oil filter cover? C&G's price for it is $18.25 while an oil pan gasket is $7 !! Since my Cub's been apart for 2 years, I don't recall what it looked like, but seems like it should be a simple rubber ring to me . . .

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:19 pm

A new gasket usually comes with each oil filter, about $6.00 at my local auto parts store. The little copper washer that goes under the bolt is about $3.00.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

gasket for oil filter cover

Postby Jersey_cub » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:19 pm

Paul If you contact Hoober at http://www.hoober.com they can send you a filter and gasket or any other parts you may need for your tractor,or call them at 800-732-0017. I have been dealing with them for years and find them to be quite reasonable. They are located in Intercourse PA so you woun't have to wait long for your parts.
Joe Vitola

Return to “Farmall Cub”