This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pittman arm

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Roraback
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pittman arm

Postby Bob Roraback » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:22 pm

The pittman strap on my sickle mower has been welded and looks as though it is going to fail. Does anyone know if the Pittman Strap part# MA1577 is available? I would like to be ready if it breaks. Thanks for the help. Bob Roraback

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:41 pm

Herschel Adams listed them in their catalog about 2 years ago I don't have a newer book to see if they still make it or not, you could probably get it new at your local Case-IH dealer as well. T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:45 pm

The pitman arm is still available through CaseIH. I think it costs about 15 bucks Canadian. If you do get one, make yourself a bunch of copies. It will be cheaper that way.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:15 pm

Bob, check with some of the salvage yards, such as
http://www.jptractorsalvage.com
http://www.tmtractor.com
http://www.chowntractorparts.com

Rudi, the pitman straps are the metal pieces that clamp on each side of the sickle ball.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:33 am

John:

Yeah, stooopid me. :oops: Ifn I had been wearing my glasses (which are supposed to be reading glasses :roll: ) :oops: I might have noticed that little discrepancy.

Yeah, David, Tom or John and again in no particular order. I was lucky and was able to get the bearing assembly from David as well which was the one part I was missing.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Andy48KY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Andy48KY » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:48 pm

I have used some old straps off of horse drawn mowers, they bolt together to hold them to the ball. Depending on what type they are you might have to custom cut the length of the pitman arm. I have some of these if you can't find replacements. Check the salvage yards you can probably find the cub type.

Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Catfish » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:16 pm

I was just looking at them on TM'S web site. http://www.tm-tractor.com/im22/6621_001.htm
CatfishImage

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

And don't forget making it yourself...

Postby allenlook » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:26 pm

And then, in the *worst* of cases, when you can't find the part no matter what, but it seems like a simple thing to describe - or if you're handy with computers and drawings, there's http://www.emachineshop.com

I've used it a little bit for things around the barn that I needed for restorations, and even had some old Porsche parts re-made - cheaper than the NOS parts I could get anyway.

One-offs are more expensive than making a bunch of them, but hey - if the parts are truly that hard to find, make up a run of 20 and probably the rest of us will end up paying you good money for them sooner or later! :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”