This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It's Home!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

It's Home!

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:22 pm

Gord and I took a little road trip - oh about 25 miles or so to go get Granny.

1947 Cub serial number 7710, front and rear wheel weights, all armstrong no touch control. 8.3x24 tires - rims really need replacing :roll: Daaaaviiiid :!: :!: It has reasonably good tinwork (all there no major holes), starts and runs well considering it has a Marvel Schreber (M-H Pony) carb on it. It has been converted to 12 volt - BUT not for long!!!!!

Hauled her home in my FIL's trailer with my 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan :!: Broke nary a sweat. Engine noodled along at 1400 rpm in 3rd, and climbed to 1900-2300 going up the hills. Real smooth trip home keeping almost up to the speed limit.

She ain't pretty and ain't in the best of shape but got real possibilities. Going to deal with the rear rims first, then the carb (Carl thanks for the help on the rebuild at CubFest Northeast :!: :D , that carb is going to come in handy :!: ), then comes the governor, then generator and magneto. A nice winter project.

Course Granny doesn't require as much work as Jethro. Have to decide what to do about that one. Been thinking on it a lot lately. A couple possibilities rolling around the old bean carrier.

Boy are these Cub's addictive!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:29 pm

Congrats on the Granny! Lets see some pics.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:00 pm

:twisted:

Rudi, I betcha that if you didn`t have David there close as a good Buddy & parts guy Jethro or the udder Cub would end up as your parts tractor?.
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:15 pm

Pics maybe tomorrow.

And as far as a parts Cub, if I had to make a choice, and I might - hands down it would have to be Jethro. Although, ifn he does become a parts tractor - he will still live on and carry his name!

I am in dire need of a stand alone generator to power the house during power failures in the winter! It gets some cold up here with out heat :!:

He would make a real nice generator :!: :lol:

Some times you really have to make tough choices.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:15 pm

Hey Rudi

You will soon own all the Canadian Cubs. Do you plan to restore Granny?

Had a chance to plow with the Armstrong Controls at Farmer's Cubfest. It was a blast..no problem even after rotator cuff surgery last year.

Mike

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Re: It's Home!

Postby Jeff M » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:42 am

Rudi wrote:She ain't pretty and ain't in the best of shape but got real possibilities. Going to deal with the rear rims first, then the carb (Carl thanks for the help on the rebuild at CubFest Northeast :!: :D , that carb is going to come in handy :!: ), then comes the governor, then generator and magneto.

You know, Rudi, for someone who in a very recent post claimed he was "mechanically challenged", you've made significant progress. I for one have never even had the hood off my tractor. I'm fortunate to have picked up a good one, but I've suffered in the learning process.

How do you say "Big Dog" in French? "Gros chien", or something like that? Good thing it takes so long to clear customs coming into the states, or I'd be worried.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:27 am

Mike:

The answer to that one is yes. Not sure when. I really need to build a new addition to my shop to house my Cubs and implements. Then once they are under cover, restoration may proceed. In the meantime, I will be doing the necessary repairs and replace a part here and there.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to own them all :roll: YET :!: , but then again, I am happy where I am. I am not trying to be a Canadian BD either, just to keep everyone's mind at rest. But I look at it this way and have been telling my kids this

"I have 5 kids, I don't want no arguing over who gets the Cub, so I will try to get at least 5 - one for each of them :idea: "

Oh, forgot to mention :oops: that when I got Granny, I actually got an implement of sorts with her. Seems she comes equipped with the Belt Pulley attachment minus the pulley. :oops: :D

Jeff:

I still think that I am mechanically challenged. There is so much that I do not know, and I have tons to learn. Even at 50, if feel like a neophyte when it comes to this stuff. I guess the kid in me is still here. I remember when I was about 6 or 7, my Dad had to go collect old telephones. Seems I was taking apart the house phone to see what made it tick. Never did figure it all out, but had fun playing with the old Northern Telephone (NorTel) equipment.

Oui, ca c'est correct mon ami :!: However, as my bride tells me, it would be more correct to say "Big Dog" as it loses too much in translation. Fer example - the local Acadians use monikers to differentiate between people who carry the same name (and there is a lot of that! just ask any LeBlanc). So you would get stuff like this " Joseph "Peanut" LeBlanc and Jean Paul "Pepsi" Landry for example. PS any relation to anyone living is entirely accidental :lol:

As for Customs - Just be glad you are not on the other side of the border. Not only does it take time IT COSTS!

How far are you from Calais btw?

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:38 am

Rudi
Glad you go Granny home you will soon have the corral filled.You will have to get them all together for a family pose 8) :lol:

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Rudi wrote:How far are you from Calais btw?

About 3 hours, maybe a little more...
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Return to “Farmall Cub”