This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

frozen cylinder heads

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
richard
10+ Years
10+ Years

frozen cylinder heads

Postby richard » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:01 pm

I have a 1953 Cub and it appears the heads are frozen. I have tried Mystery oil and liquid torch, but will not move. I have pulled starter off and tried to move fly wheel and tried a cranking bar, but no luck. Before I go pulling the head, any othe reccomendations? It has been 1.5 years since last started and has been stored outside with cover and cover over the exhaust. Antifreeze level seems fine. :cry: :arrow: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:09 pm

I think I would go ahead and pull the head. Anything stuck that hard, I want to see the inside.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

stuck head

Postby David D. smith » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:58 am

Put the plugs in and crank it with the starter. That works for me.
Dave <*)))><

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:40 am

Richard, by heads frozen, I assume you mean the pistons, and you can't turn it over. As Bigdig said, I'd pull the head for a good look inside. Your problem may be a vlave stuck rather than a piston stuck. Use a small prybar through the starter hole and see if you can turn the engien backwards a little. If you can it probably is a stuck valve.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”