This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil out of filler cap

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ivan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Oil out of filler cap

Postby Ivan » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:21 pm

I have a 1948 Cub and I used it to mow a couple of days ago, when I used it today it blew oil out through the filler cap. I know this has been discussed before but I could not find it. Is the small tube from the engine to the air cleaner plugged? Thanks for any help anyone could give me Ivan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:27 pm

Hello Ivan
Wait for the pros to respond, but I think that is the problem. Paul K. in N.H.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:12 pm

Ivan, the breather tube from the air cleaner to the front of the block being plugged will cause it to blow oil smoke out the filler, but I've never heard of it causing oil to blow out the filler. Did you check the oil level to make sure it isn't over full? If it is, drain it and watch for evidence of water. If it's overfull, also check level of fluid in touch control, it can leak into engine.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ivan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ivan » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:07 pm

John thanks for the info on hyd oil going into the engine oil. I checked it and it was over full on oil so I now know where the oil I have been adding to the hyd was going. I got the parts to fix it today and I will get at it this weekend. Thanks again Ivan

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Ivan, I assume you will do it anyway, but don't forget to change your oil and filter. Hytran makes lousy motor oil.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”