This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Welcome Back, Bingo!!!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Welcome Back, Bingo!!!!!

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:10 pm

After a very,very, long hybernation, my Dad's '48 FCUB, Bingo, roared to life at 2:00 P.M. this afternoon :!: :D After a running it briefly to check for good oil pressure, we shut it down and filled with coolant/water blend. After starting it up again and letting it warm up, we noticed a coolant leak here and an oil leak there...nothing a quick turn of a wrench or screwdriver wouldn't fix.

Unfortunately, we will have to split the tractor and remove the new "Bates" style TOB we installed during assembly. :x The moment the clutch is depressed, the motor slightly lugs down, and if you depress the pedal further, it sounds like the TOB is hitting something(pressure plate, clutch fingers). Dad has a good, usuable OE style TOB that came out of the tractor at dis-assembly that we will be using..... we should have put it back in. :roll: I will say we sort of were expecting trouble with the "bates" style TOB, considering all the trouble with them lately.

Anyway, we did acheive the goal for today and got Bingo started. :D Alot worse things could have happended. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:56 pm

Congratulations on getting Bingo running. I can make you a good deal on a slightly used ball bearing type throwout bearing. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:10 pm

CB:

Congrats to you and your Dad for bringing Bingo back to life :!:

Good feeling ain't it :?: :D

It sure looks like the Bates type TOB is giving a lot more trouble than it should. I guess the old saw "If'n it was good nuff then, should be good nuff now" really applies here.

Good luck splitting and putting in the OEM style. Hope it is an IH one :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:16 pm

I don't know if the TOB is totally to blame for the problem. Upon closer inspection, it seems that the clutch may not be adjusted properly. :shock: It will get checked when the tractor is split. I do believe the TOB is not spinning as it should when the clutch pedal is depressed. Oh well, part of the fun in fixin' these cubs up is the fixin' part. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:45 pm

The "face" of the Bates type tob doesn't extend as far out from the housing as on the graphite type. If the clutch fingers and the pedal travelare adjusted per the manuals, when the pedal is pushed all the way down the bearing will travel far enough that the fingers will ride on the case of the bearing similiar to when you try to adjust the clutch pedal of a worn out graphite bearing. I tried using mine that way at first, just being careful not to push the pedal down further than was necessary. When the travel started to increase I readjuste the clutch fingers, which helped for another hour or so.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”