This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

blown head gasket

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmer.boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

blown head gasket

Postby farmer.boy » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:13 pm

Well my cub has a blown head gasket. Is there anything I should watch for in this job? This engine was rebuilt about a year before i bought it (two years ago) so I am hoping there is nothing to do except replace the gasket. I have read different comments about using permatex etc... on a gasket. Is that recommend on the head gasket. Also do you think a non-IH gasket is alright?
thanks
Stanley

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:41 pm

Most aftermarket gaskets work well, most don't recomend permatex or any other sealer, most important it to tork sequence proporly, and re tork after running a few hrs. Besure you check head for strightness." Jack"

Return to “Farmall Cub”