This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lesson Learned

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Lesson Learned

Postby Harold R » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:10 pm

Well I'm just now getting some time to work on my latest cub. I sandblasted and cleaned out the tank really good, installed new petcock and fuel line to the carb. Only thing missing was a fuel filter, so I go to Wal-Mart and buy the best looking Fram filter on the shelf. Nice big one, sure to catch any crud before in goes into the carb. After installing it, it took the tractor for a spin, only to go about 10 feet before conking out. Good spark, so no fuel. Soooo, I put the old straight cooper fuel line back on and she fired right up. That's when it hits me. There's no fuel pump to push gas throught this "'74 Buick" fuel filter, this is only gravity feed.
DUH :roll: I'll get a smaller one. I can only laught at myself.
HR

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brucep
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brucep » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:37 am

I'm not laughing my cub did the same thing. I bought an inline fliter for CUBBY thinking it would be getting nice clean fuel to the carby only to find the fuel would not run through and she would only run for a couple of minutes before stopping.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:56 am

Get one of the inline filters used for small engines. They are designed for gravity flow.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”