This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Final Drive Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
wehuntsam
10+ Years
10+ Years

Final Drive Question

Postby wehuntsam » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:36 am

The last time I got to work on my 49 cub I rebuilt the final drives. There was one seal that the original looked to be twice as wide as the replacement. Someone suggested that I should use two new seals in the place of the old double seal. It this correct? Since its been a couple of months since I last got to work on it, I'm not sure which seal this was.
Does anyone know the part number for this seal?

Also, I purchased all new bolts for the final drive to the differential housings. Which way do the bolts install? With the heads toward the outside near the wheels or to the inside toward the drive seat with the nuts on the outside?

Thanks,

Sam

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”