This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super C Experience?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Super C Experience?

Postby Paul_NJ » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:17 am

In the final stages of restoring a 51 Cub, I just found out about a Super C that may be soon available for me to purchase at a good price. I could use some extra power as I'd like to eventually find a front loader for picking up logs and moving around rocks and stuff. And a new restoration project would be fine with me! Any thoughts and experiences regarding performance, characteristics, and anything else about the Super C anyone could offer would be really helpful. Thanks
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:20 am

Paul, I don't know about in your area, but in my area loaders for Super C is a very rare item. If using a loader is a major criteria you migh want to do a little investigating before purchasng the Super C.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:32 am

If you want to use a loader, step up to at least an H or maybe even an M. I have a loader on my H and it is very handy for moving cub skeletons around.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:56 pm

Bigdog wrote:I have a loader on my H and it is very handy for moving cub skeletons around.

BigDog, you haven't gone cannibal on us, have you? :lol:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:16 pm

Let's just say that some sacrafices have been made.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ChickenWing » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:50 pm

When I was growing up, we had a super c with a loader on it. It worked really well. The loader only had hydro power to go up and to lift the bucket up. The down was powered by gravity and the really heavy bucket. It ran great for many years, until the flapper on the muffler rusted off. Dad kept a coffee can on it, but it blew off on day. The last time he went to start it, it was froze up. It sat for a while, then he sold it to some guy who was doing a restoration. But he wouldn't let him take the loader. It is still sitting out behind his house to this day. I don't know if the hydraulic cylinders are anygood anymore, cause they've been sitting outside for at least 15 years unused. The rest should be ok, I would think. The only thing I really didn't like about that tractor is that the wasps would love to make nests inside the toolbox, right under your butt.

Oh, yeah, it was a widefront too.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”