This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C-3 Mower bearing question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

C-3 Mower bearing question

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Mon May 31, 2004 2:30 pm

When assembling the bearings on the mower spindle, what is the proper way to get the right tension on the spindle nut?
Tighten till it starts binding and back off by how much?
Dave

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon May 31, 2004 3:54 pm

I don't think there's supposed to be much 'tension' at all on the spindle nut. I rebuilt mine last year and stopped tightening the nut when I no longer had "end play" in the spindle shaft. I think any more tension than that would tend to hasten the demise of the tapered rollers and races? I'm interested in the replies from the masters as well!

Return to “Farmall Cub”