This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tex-Mex pulled pork--revisited

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Tex-Mex pulled pork--revisited

Postby Billy Fussell » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:25 pm

A while back, Mike posted about pulled pork. We have fixed it a couple of times and always manage to eat it all (me). I fix the leftovers mostly into sandwitches. Found a different way to deal with the pulled pork leftovers. Bake a BIG potato. Slice it open and dress it up with salt and pepper, butter, and sour cream. Then pile it high with the pulled pork. This is a meal in itself. Try it, you"ll like it.

Billy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Boy, that sounds REALLY good, Billy! How much chili powder are you using in the recipe? I know that the recipe calls for 1/4 cup of chili powder, and that is the way my wife and I make it. I have heard quite a few comments from folks who think I am off my rocker because this would be too hot... I can say that I don't think that it was too spicy for us!

Thanks for the tip, Billy... I am going to have to try it!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Postby Billy Fussell » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:50 am

Mike,

the 1/4 cup of chili powder would not be too much me, but my wife cut it back to about 1/8 cup because she doesn't eat real spicy food. This is her reasoning for doing that. Anyone that likes spicy food, the 1/4 cup would be o.k. It can be tweaked to suit one's particular taste, but whatever you do to it, it is good.

Thanks for the recipe.

Billy

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”