This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Promenade - off subject

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall Promenade - off subject

Postby Bill V in Md » Tue May 18, 2004 3:51 pm

At a local Club meeting last evening they showed a video called Farmall promenade. Most of you may already be familiar with this, but in case you have been living in a cave like me you gotta check it out. It is a video of (8) Farmall Tractors in a square dance with a figure caller and the whole nine yards. This is good stuff and the drivers are quite skillful. Took place in a small town in Iowa called Nemaha. They even have a website...........Bill V
http://www.farmallpromenade.com/
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 18, 2004 3:57 pm

Bill, I have one of their tapes and it is great. There is another group in central Ohio that does this using both IH and John Deere tractors. They also use female drivers. Either way, it is something to see!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue May 18, 2004 4:18 pm

There's a group at Findlay, OH that has been square dancing for years using mostly A-C equipment. They usually have 2 sets. I've been invited to join the group and use my A-C C. I'm not sure I have enough nerve at my age... but the star of the show is 81. We'll see.

These guys swing with the rear wheels overlapped running flat out in 3rd gear with the inside brake locked!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 18, 2004 4:32 pm

Take a look at the gal in the center of the picture. Hanging off of the seat during a swing. They performed in a horse exercise ring and by the time they had gotten a good start the ground was pretty rough. They were bouncing all over the place. Didn't stop them though!

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 18, 2004 4:49 pm

Never seen them in person, but I have one of their earlier video tapes, and my mother has one they made later. When I still farmed I thought I could handle an H, but they could definetly have given me lessons. If you watch closely, there is a place in one of the videos where an H and C get too close together side by side, and the wheel of the C comes off the ground a few inches as it climbs inside the wheel of the H.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”