This parts washer was built from junk on hand. During conversations with Rudi - he was thinking about using lumber for the frame. The major plus is that you can put very large parts in it, including an engine block.
My largest expense was and still is the kerosene utilized as the solvent. Most of the original kerosene is still in the parts washer - around 4 or 5 years. About once a year I just clean out the settlings and top off with a gallon or two of kerosene.
My first couple of attempts on this parts washer - I used automotive oil filters to filter the fluid. I found that the oil filters plug up in very short order.