This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pull behind mowers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tim frazier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pull behind mowers

Postby tim frazier » Sun May 16, 2004 11:45 am

This is the first time I've posted here and I must say this is quite the resource for anyone with a Cub!

I recently purchased a 1954 McCorrmick Farmall Cub with a PTO. I was wondering if anyone has tryed useing a PTO driven pull behind mower? I figured the 48" size would probably be as big as one would want to try. Since these don't require a three point hitch it seems like the only problem would be an adapter for the smaller PTO output shaft.

Thanks

Tim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Sun May 16, 2004 12:04 pm

And the speed and the rotation.
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

tim frazier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby tim frazier » Sun May 16, 2004 12:14 pm

Of course.

Well I'll have to keep an eye out for a used woods 42c!

Thanks

Tim

spaulman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby spaulman » Sun May 16, 2004 12:39 pm

Tim - Welcome. I see that you have the Ohio flag waving below your name. What part of the state are you from?
Scott Paulman
1955 Cub - C.C.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 16, 2004 12:53 pm

Tim, another possibility is the trail mowers such as Tractor supply and Nothern tool sells.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

tim frazier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby tim frazier » Sun May 16, 2004 1:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome

I'm in Trumbull county. I grew up with Cubs, As, LOTS of Hs and a guy with a Super M down the road. I'm not a collector but I'd rather have a nice Cub over anything new. If it's up to me this one won't be for sale till I'm gone!

Tim

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon May 17, 2004 12:30 am

For the same reason you appreciate the quality of your Cub rather than buying a new riding lawn mower I think you would be very impressed with a good used Woods 42 mower. They are built to last and cut very well. They are made to hang from a cub perfect and make cutting grass with your Cub a pleasure. They are affordable and available. I think there are some for sale on the site here.

You would probably spend more for a drag behind mower, and they really are not engineered as well for the Cubs as the Woods type belly mowers.

Mike

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Postby Bob Hawley » Mon May 17, 2004 6:47 am

Tim, Welcome to the forum. I'm from Wyandot county. I have a 49 Cub, my first. It carries a Danco IH belly mower and does a great job. My very first encounter on this site was about the mower and I got absolutely amazing response and info and suggestions from here. The folks on this site have more information and practical experience than you can imagine. Trust what they say. Check out Rudi's clean compute section on mowers. Good luck with your choice and again welcome to the forum. Bob
Bob Hawley

robstagis
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby robstagis » Tue May 18, 2004 6:04 am

I've got 2 sets of 3-reel gang mowers - used for golf-course grass, if anyone's interested. One's on (terrible) rubbere tires, the other set on steel rollers. It's a cool alternative to rotary mowers. I'm in Connecticut.

Return to “Farmall Cub”