This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator Cap Rating ???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dennis H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Radiator Cap Rating ???

Postby Dennis H. » Sun May 16, 2004 10:01 pm

In replacing my radiator cap, the old one was rated at 7 lbs. The auto parts store only had a replacement rated at 13 lbs. Am I asking for trouble using the new one? Can't find anything in the manual that addresses this.

Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

OregonCub
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 97801

Postby OregonCub » Sun May 16, 2004 11:48 pm

Dennis
You should be safe with a 4psi cap from NAPA [No. 703-1412]
I installed one on my '52 Cub and it tested at 4psi on the radiator using air pressure[reduced] applied at the radiator drain.
Bob
Have 52 Cub. It, like me, has non- OEM parts!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 17, 2004 8:16 am

Dennis H, Remember, these radiators are old (unless you compare them to me) and weren't designed for much pressure, so I wouldn't use the 13 pound cap. get the 4 pound one, or a non pressureized one.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”