This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

correct way for a 42 in mower to be installed

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mike in ga
10+ Years
10+ Years

correct way for a 42 in mower to be installed

Postby mike in ga » Sun May 16, 2004 4:36 pm

it has been sometime since i have posted on the board, me and my cub has been down. problem is my woods 42 " mower on my 49 cub. we put it on last year with the arms to the mowerthat bolts on the tractor bar with the idlers was in the top hole and made the mower run flat. i thought i read the the front of the mower should be elevated higher than the rear. i let the bars down to the bottom hole and it did elevate the front some. made cutting easier. now i read theat the rear of the mower should be eleveated higher than the front, which is right and how to you get the back elevated above the front.. thanks for any info,, mike in ga

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun May 16, 2004 5:12 pm

Mike, if the front of the mower is higher than the rear, the blades will cut at the higher level. Then, as the rear of the blades pass the same point, they will also be cutting grass because they are below the tip of the grass. If the front is lower, the rear of the blades will be above the tips of the grass blades.
That being said, I truthfully have never noticed that much difference in performance with either position. I try to set mine to run as near level as possible.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun May 16, 2004 8:06 pm

The front needs to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower. If you are in light cutting and keeping the grass short you won't notice much difference, but when I was cutting some tall thick grass where it was a good load for the tractor anyway, it definitely made a difference.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”