This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Woods 42" @ A big hello

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Woods 42" @ A big hello

Postby cowboy » Sat May 15, 2004 12:04 pm

Well first I wanted to say hi-ya all. I finally registed. Although I have been reading this form for a month or so :oops: . I have really enjoyed reading your posts and the good natured teasing has made my day more than once. I have 64 cub that I traded a mean horse and $500 for. it had been through a fire (just the steering wheel and part of the seat were burnt) and sat outside for two years. But I love it (I sing I think my tractor is sexy any you all are jealous while cutting the yard). I wanted to thank eveyone for the good advice and some of the amasing things I have learned from you. Rudi BIG ThANKS for all the time you have spent on the manul's I plan on getting my own set but they have been a LIFESAVOR. Jim B. thanks for the byline I checked mine and six tappits were less than .008 rather than .013. B.D. and eveyone else HI its good to meet you-all and looking forward to more.

Ok anyone have any experiace changing the bearing on the idler pully on a woods 42" bushhog The one just below the pto pully it looks like you would have drill out about 19 rivets. Or do I need to order one from Woods if so any ove have website or phone # Thanks in advace

Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

Cowboy :oops:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Sat May 15, 2004 12:18 pm

Hi Cowboy, welcome to the forum and the great world of Farmall cubs. Thanks for all the nice comments directed toward this board and it's various participants too.
As for the bearing on the idler pulley I think most of the idler pulleys are designed to be tossed and simply replaced when the bearing gives up the ghost. I replaced one in 2001 with a new pulley and bearing for $23.05. Probably cheaper and less headaches then trying to just replace the bearing only. :wink:
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat May 15, 2004 1:15 pm

Thanks Dan
For $23 I do not think it is worth my time either. I thought :idea: it would be a lot more. Now I just need to order one.
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bermuda Ken » Sat May 15, 2004 1:35 pm

Cowboy...........welcome to THE place for Cub Talk......

The Woods 42 mower idler pulley is part # 4072.......@ $23 USD.

I list these and a few other Woods parts online at:

http://www.cngco.com/woodspt.html

For the $23, it's better to switch the entire pulley, than install just a bearing. The pulley itself may have some wear on the sheave.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sat May 15, 2004 4:53 pm

Thanks Ken
That part # is going to come in real usefull. Seeing as how it just quit squeeling and came apart :cry: . Used the link and found a dealer about 20 miles away hopefully it will be in stock. Supposed to rain here agin monday so I may have to finish up with the yamaha and a pull behind. Naw thats no fun!
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 15, 2004 6:19 pm

Cowboy, welcome aboard. You can also order Woods parts on line from Carter & Gruenwald at http://www.cngco.com You can always put the pull behind on the cub. :D
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Sun May 16, 2004 10:33 am

Good idea John :{_}:
Must have been that blind spot right in front of my nose agin. Ya-know the one where I can't fint 1/2 werench six inches from my hand looking right at it. Must be that using the CUB is FUN and and the pullbehind is work. I had thought of using the pull in the offset position but that would be less seat time on the cub. So must have just any ideal of the cub and the pullbehind :roll: . Now just to get it hooked up and level.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun May 16, 2004 4:28 pm

Welcome aboard Cowboy!! Good to have more fine folks showing up all the time! :wink: The more discussion, the more questions I get answered that I never even thought to ask! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Thu May 20, 2004 1:25 pm

Thanks Parts Man

Life is problems solving problems is living. Shure is nice to find a place where peaple enjoy the finer things in life! :{_}: Helping each other out and feelig good by doing so :lol: :D Just makes me feel to hear from ya-all.

Return to “Farmall Cub”