This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plowing with Ellie for the first time

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Plowing with Ellie for the first time

Postby Rudi » Wed May 12, 2004 7:48 pm

Yesterday Dad and I decided it was time to plow. Didn't get a chance last year, so I made sure I was all ready this year.

Man was that fun :!: There really isn't any feeling quite like that one :!: Not cultivating, not plowing snow, not anything. It is quite different. Each of the others are equally rewarding, but there is something about being able to put a plow in the ground and make a straight row.

Anyways, my son Duane took pics, and I put them in a PowerPoint slide show. Ifn you is interested they are available here: Plowing with Ellie-Mae.

Emilie said I can plow up some more of our back yard for another garden :!: :D Yippeee :!: :D
Last edited by Rudi on Thu May 04, 2006 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 12, 2004 8:29 pm

Rudi, not only does the job of plowing look good, but the scenery is great. Unfortunately it takes so long to download the pictures on my dialup, I only looked at the first 5 slides.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 12, 2004 8:31 pm

Rudi - Looks like a day of fun! There's nothing like plowing or mowing with a sickle bar mower for relaxation.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed May 12, 2004 8:31 pm

John:

Go get a coffee and let it load up - :) and THANKS okay!
Last edited by Rudi on Thu May 13, 2004 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 12, 2004 8:36 pm

Rudi, it loaded slow even on cable broadband. But the pics are great and the furrows were straight and clean. Nice job! And John is right, the scenery is beautiful.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed May 12, 2004 9:16 pm

:o :( :cry: John, Dont feel bad I cant get any picture at all. Just like the last slide show rudi had on the board. _Rudi_, Cant`cha make them into jpegs?. :oops: :( :o
Then came Bronson

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Wed May 12, 2004 9:20 pm

Great pics, :wink: Rudi,Looks like ya got a lot of seat time. I could see that grin on your face even from the far side of the field.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed May 12, 2004 9:32 pm

Rudi,
Nice pics and good job on the garden. Sure took a while though, I have high speed too. What's with that? Nice to see the green grass up there. Gotta get up there one of these days.

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby LARRY BALL » Thu May 13, 2004 9:08 am

RUDI,
JUST A COUPLE QUESTIONS. IS THE AMBER FLASHING LIGHT A CANADA THING WHEN SNOW-PLOWING? OR IS IT A RUDI THING, WARNING PEOPLE " HERE I COME " AND YOUR FATHER IN-LAW IN THE PICTURE. THE STICK HE HAS IN HIS HAND. IS THAT FOR STRAIGHT LINES OR WAS HE GOING TO HAVE TO USE IT TO GET YOU OFF ELIE-MAE!
JUST A LITTLE TEXAS HUMOR. LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE HAVING A BALL :lol: :lol: :lol:
LARRY BALL

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Thu May 13, 2004 3:19 pm

great pic's Rudi. no trouble loading them. but it's all downhill to Connecticut, maybe that's why? :lol:

was looking a long time at a guy's 2 way 193 (?) for sale. wants 300. but then i'd need another Cub to put it on. :lol:
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 13, 2004 3:34 pm

Tried the pictures again today, and it only took about 7 or 8 seconds per picture. yesterday it was taking over a minute each. Must have been a problem somewhere.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Thu May 13, 2004 5:13 pm

Well it took awhile to see all the pictures,but it looks like you were having fun.I flew over Diepe the other day looked for your place and I did not see anybody plowing :lol: :lol:

Tom Z.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

First Time plowing

Postby Tom Z. » Thu May 13, 2004 7:21 pm

Wow! It's looks like you had as much your first time plowing as I did. I too was amazed how easily the plow cut through the dirt.

I was fighting a well established lawn though. It sure was frustrating to finish a row, lift the plow, and see the last 10 feet of sod flip back down into furrow covering my work.

I was afraid I'd plow too much, but next year I'm going to plow even more. I still had some seed left!

Congratulations!

Tom Z.

Bill
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby Bill » Thu May 13, 2004 8:24 pm

Do not see leaves on trees yet, what date do you feel frost free. Hope to see your garden this fall. By the way nice job plowing.

BILL

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu May 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Wow :!: , where do I start :?:

In no particular order --- :wink:

John:

:oops: Like a dummy I forgot to use IrfanView to shrink the jpegs to a manageable size :oops: . The file ended up at 4megs. Fixed that this morning, the whole file now is a little over 480kbs.

Art:

The two-way is a 189. You will see at least one totally restored at CubFest on a restored Cub. $300.00 is a reasonable price for a 189. I paid that at least for mine, well worth it. Can't have too many Cubs either. I am looking for Granny and Jed :lol:

Bruce:

Well, I am not hard to miss. Look for the lumber mill at the end of the runway to the south. I am east of the mill - our sideline is the same. Oh, if that don't work, look for the pond :wink:

Larry:

The amber light is a safety issue for me. My father-in-law uses one as well. Although not exactly required by law I think, it is a prudent precaution to take. Besides, I like it :lol: Took a long while to find one that I could convert to 6 volts - this one had a 12 volt flasher in it, so all I had to do was buy a 6 volt flasher and bulb...

Oh the stick in his hands is actually my 1 inch wrench! Just in case I had put the plow on in the wrong holes, he held on to it until needed. Fortunately, I did it right the first time.

Tom:

I was fighting a well established lawn though. It sure was frustrating to finish a row, lift the plow, and see the last 10 feet of sod flip back down into furrow covering my work.

Well, don't feel too bad. Had the same thing happen to me. Figured it out though. Don't slow down until you lift the plow! Then the sod stays turned. I guess a moldboard extension would be the answer here.

As I indicated at the end of the slide show, Emilie gave me the thumbs up to plow up so more of the front part of our back yard.... so today I got to do that. Learned a few things too.

Those will be part of the additional slide show. I really enjoyed it, even though there is some embarassment and discomfort involved.

Don't ask, it will be up soon enough.. :oops:

Return to “Farmall Cub”