This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Magneto question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John ('48 Cub, Ohio)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43713

Magneto question

Postby John ('48 Cub, Ohio) » Tue May 11, 2004 11:31 am

I have a Magneto equipped '48 Farmall Cub with a Magneto (J-4) problem. I purchased a new rotor, but the gear that drives the rotor is stripped. Carter and Gruenewald didn't have one and neither did JP Tractor (unless I needed an entire Mag, which I'd rather not). I can't find this part described in any of my exploded diagrams or manuals. I've heard that this may be available from some local IH dealers but what is this called? Does anyone have a part number? I need a sure-fire source for this whatzit thingamabob dingus doohickey.

Thanks,
John ('48 Cub, Ohio)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 11, 2004 11:46 am

I think if you will scrolldown a ways, you'll find thsi same topic has been covered recently. part number is 251526R1 , desctiption is pinion, rotor.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Tue May 11, 2004 6:29 pm

Just got one from my dealer.
Number is 251526R1 its called a pinion. Seems like it was around $12
There is a thread on the other Cub board about this.

http://www.atis.net/cgi-bin/FarmallCub.pl?read=54688
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”