This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

pressure plate adjustment

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Peter S
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub
1963 cub

pressure plate adjustment

Postby Peter S » Mon May 10, 2004 11:11 am

I need to replace the pressure plate in my 63 and the replacement should be arriving in the next day or so. It is my understanding that the height of the fingers will need to be adjusted. This is where I would appreciate some pointers from the experts. I assume this is done after the disk and pressure plate are bolted to the flywheel. What is the set height of the fingers and what is the easiest way to do this adjustment? Any and all advice will be greating appreciated.
Peter

1951 Cub, 1963 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 10, 2004 12:47 pm

Peter, adjust the fingers so there is 1 1/8 to 1 1/4" between the flat surface of the plate and the fingers. The distance isn't as critical as making sure that all 3 are the same height. Do this after you have the assembly on the flywheel and before you put the halves of the tractor back together.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Peter S
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub
1963 cub

Postby Peter S » Tue May 11, 2004 5:21 am

Bigdog, that's what I needed to know, thanks very much!
Peter

1951 Cub, 1963 Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”