This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator Confusion--Help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Generator Confusion--Help

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Sat May 08, 2004 11:40 pm

I finally found a 6 volt IH generator for the 53 Cub, but it has a Cutout relay mounted on it. The Cub has a voltage regulator. My question is can I remove the cutout relay and use this same generator with a voltage regulator or do I leave the cutout relay in place and remove the voltage regulator and replace my 3 position light switch with a four position. Some advice and clarity on this subject is badly needed and would be much appreciated.
Gene Chestnutt

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun May 09, 2004 7:21 am

Gene - it will work. Take a look at the difference in wiring per Bob Melville's diagrams at the link.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4001561&a=30065733&f=0
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Wireharness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wireharness » Sun May 09, 2004 8:11 am

Just remove the relay and wire as if it had a regulator. The nice thing about the old 6 volt generator is they have an adjustable brush that you can set up the charge if you only use it for play and not work so your battery will stay charged up easier.
Wireharness

Return to “Farmall Cub”