This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb on Ebay

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
davajones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carb on Ebay

Postby davajones » Fri May 07, 2004 8:48 am

I'm interested in the folowing item on Ebay, but was wondering what a fair price would be?

Farmall Cub Carburetor
Zenith Carb in Like New Condition..... Ebay Item number: 3813432556 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3813432556

any thoughts?
Jonesy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri May 07, 2004 9:11 am

Jonesy,

The value depends on how highly you value your dollars. I think the present price would be too high to get any of mine. I'll bet John *.?-!.* cub owner would sell you one of his for that or less. (guess how I know he has an extra?)
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

davajones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby davajones » Fri May 07, 2004 9:19 am

I give up George.....and I suspect that I'm trying as hard as anyone to hold on to as many of my all too few $$'s as possible. Since I have you, I haven't yet tried to put a kit in my originial one, but after reading some of the stories on the forum, I was wondering if a new replacement might be the way to go?
Jonesy

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 07, 2004 9:25 am

One thing to keep in mind is that, as nice as it looks, the one on eBay is NOT a new carburetor. It won't be worn out or warped, but it has had gas in it. How much was left in it to leave residue behind? If I was buying it, I would do so on the assumption that it will need to be opened up and cleaned. Of course, once I had it, I would just bolt it on and see if it worked as is.

I agree with George, the price is getting too close to a new one still in the box.

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Fri May 07, 2004 1:07 pm

I jusr rebuilt the Zenith on my 47. Will put it on this weekend. It would always leak. I suspected a float problem, but decided to put in a new kit while I was in there. My unscientific bench test indicates that I fixed the problem. Now if it actually works, I'll be happy. Also, the choke rod was on the wrong side so this was a good opportunity to replace it.

davajones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby davajones » Fri May 07, 2004 1:14 pm

Yea, I guess that I should just order a kit and rebuild mine. How much should I expect to pay and can I get the Carb kit for a CaseIH that you guys can recommend on line?
Jonesy

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 07, 2004 2:25 pm

Try Carter & Gruenewald at cngco.com
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri May 07, 2004 2:39 pm

I saw that carb on Ebay too and asked myself...why did they take it off of a running cub after two hours of use if it was working well?

Mike

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 07, 2004 3:00 pm

Mike, they may have replaced the original carb trying to fix a problem. When the new carb did not make a change, the put the old one back on.
Bigdog

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri May 07, 2004 3:06 pm

mltiema wrote:I saw that carb on Ebay too and asked myself...why did they take it off of a running cub after two hours of use if it was working well?

Mike

I was thinking the same thing. :twisted: SO, I came to the conclusion that the guys Cub must have went astray and went down a hill, Over a 300-foot cliff and crashed, breaking everything to dust particles EXCEPT the "Carb". He decided to now sell the carb on eBay for enough money to buy a new Cub. :twisted: (SoundReasonable) :?: :?:
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri May 07, 2004 3:14 pm

Jonesy:

I agree with George and Jim. At that price, it is getting out of the reasonable range.

Before you do anything, read this: Lurker Carl's Carb Fixes

Then, I would suggest you buy a real IH rebuild kit either from Bermuda Ken at CNGO or your local CaseIH Dealer or at Case Tractor Parts On-Line. That way you know that you are getting the "real deal" and not some rinkydink setup that probably isn't the correct one.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 07, 2004 3:26 pm

johnbron wrote: I was thinking the same thing. :twisted: SO, I came to the conclusion that the guys Cub must have went astray and went down a hill, Over a 300-foot cliff and crashed, breaking everything to dust particles EXCEPT the "Carb". He decided to now sell the carb on eBay for enough money to buy a new Cub. :twisted: (SoundReasonable) :?: :?:

Well J.B.! Your reasoning is a lot more interesting than mine! Maybe not as plausible, but definitely more interesting!
Bigdog

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri May 07, 2004 7:50 pm

Well I've got to tell you that this is the IH carb I rebuilt:

and I wouldn't sell it for less than $1,000,000,000,000.00

I had to straighten the throtle body as it was warped by more than .13" I used, and would only recommend an IH carb kit.
A lot of work went into the carb :!: :!:
When I fired up 49-1 the engine ran so well that I could hardly stand it. It idles down (it seems) to 50 RPM and is very responsive to full throtle.

When you have something that works for you why sell it :?: :?: :?:

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Fri May 07, 2004 7:55 pm

Well I have a comparision for you. Ibought a kit from IH case dealer with a new Idle tub and a new after market float for a total $150.00 Cdn. not cheap what can you do if you want it to restore and do a good job :lol:

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri May 07, 2004 8:12 pm

Donny,
Is that a speck of dust I see on a screw head? Teeth marks on the main jet? Good grief man, clean that thing up why don't ya!! :shock: :P :lol:

I jest, surely!

Return to “Farmall Cub”