This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Arkansas Connection

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

The Arkansas Connection

Postby Donny M » Wed May 05, 2004 8:30 pm

Had a great visit this evening with Mr. Dan England and Mr. Brannon West. Very nice fellas. Brannon and his wife just found out 2 days ago that they are expecting a child :D :D It was fun to see Brannon not be able to hide his excitement. I know how I felt way back then and was very happy for him. Mr. Dan it seems is trying to catch up with Mr. GW and Mr. Russ, as I'm to understand he will be purchasing a few more Cubs very soon.

Hope they're not mad I spilled the beans.
Great visit :!: :!:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm

Donny! Have you got a line on those cubs Dan is looking at???? Is the homing device in place?????? :) :)
Glad you had a good visit.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed May 05, 2004 8:44 pm

Sorry Bigdog,

Dan was very protective and would only say that they're somewhere in Arkansas.

I was just lucky enough to put a tracking device on his car. The antenna I'm working on can see a long way. :lol: :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed May 05, 2004 8:46 pm

Whatever Bigdog is offering you for the tracking info I'll beat. And I'm closer so I can get there quicker.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed May 05, 2004 8:53 pm

Hey is that all ya'll can think of...Getting more Cubs :( :( What about the new Cub hunter that's coming. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Wed May 05, 2004 9:15 pm

Donny: I enjoyed our visit this afternoon and I am sure that Brannon did also. I don't know about the cub yet. I will see it tomorrow morning. I think that it has been setting for several years. The owner said the tires were shot, and that it would be most practical if used as a parts tractor. But sometimes, owners of this type of tractor tell me that they see cubs advertised at $2100 and that their parts tractor ought to be worth $1500. I am always happy to get a cub, but imagine the joy of Brannon and Ann as they have learned that they will have someone to leave their tractor collection to. The real joy lies with them today. Dan

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed May 05, 2004 9:20 pm

:twisted: Donny doncha know that Greed does not welcome new Greed into this shortage of Cubs world :?:

Brannon, Congratulations on your good news. Now its Pace time for a few months. :-:-):
Last edited by johnbron on Wed May 05, 2004 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed May 05, 2004 9:23 pm

Dan England wrote:
The real joy lies with them today

And for many years to come.

I was so happy for Brannon...It's nice to see people who want to have kids these days.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Arkansas Connection

Postby Dan England » Thu May 06, 2004 3:16 pm

Donny: I went out this morning to see the cub. All four tires were bad. The shed in which it was stored was old and the roof had a hole above the gas tank of the tractor. Each time it rained water drained onto the tank and a large hole had rusted through the top of the tank. Roger Staubach could put a football through that hole at 40 yards. The tank had standing water in it. The owner didn't know when the motor last ran, when the tractor was placed in the shed, whether it was running at the time it was parked there, or whether it would run today. It was obvious that it had problems as leopard frogs were living in the gas tank. This pretty well covers the strong points of the tractor. I won't get into the weak ones as I don't want forum members to think that I have a negative attitude. In my post yesterday I stated that the fellow probably had seen a for sale ad listing a cub for $2100 and would feel that his parts cub should bring $1500. My parents always told me that it is best to admit to mistakes, then let life go on. I now confess that I misjudged this fellow. His asking price is $2250.00. Donny, I enjoyed getting to meet and visit with you. Let me know if you return to this area again. Maybe I will have an equally good bargain lined up on a cub for your next visit. Dan

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu May 06, 2004 8:18 pm

Dan,

That guy sounds like he's just a touch off. :lol: Too bad it didn't work out for you. The Cub just east of the JD dealer (on 82) I told you about is gone. Went past last night and again this morning. When I saw it earlier in the week it appeared to be in good shape and running. Judging by the price of the Cub you saw today the guy would have gotten about $5,000. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Sun May 09, 2004 9:22 pm

Hey Donny,

Glad to see you made it to Arkansas and had so much fun visiting with
fellow CuBBERS. You know the last one I picked up was in Arkansas.
I am sorry Dan I don't mean to horn in on your hunting grounds but
I takes 'dem whers' I sees 'dem.

Donny, I went and looked at one yesterday while doing a little shopping
for CUB Bud and will be going tomorrow to check out two more '47 &
a '49.

See ya.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Mon May 10, 2004 10:08 am

Russ: There are probably several hundred Cubs parked in fence rows, under a shade tree or abandoned in a shed in Arkansas. I am always glad when someone finds one and turns it into a good usable tractor again. If the tractor in my previous posts had sold 8 or 10 years ago, it would probably be purring along mowing a field or cultivating a garden for a proud owner. It didn't sell, although I think that potential buyers had been rejected, and it is now pretty worthless. To answer a debate which Donny and I had, did you live in east or southeast Arkansas a year of two ago? I say you did, Donny says no. Dan

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon May 10, 2004 2:37 pm

Shoot Dan, I must have had my own self intresets on my mind, I don't remember that debate. I was thinking about the Cub you were going to look at and how I was going to hide it from Merry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ I'll be heading that way on Wednesday and thought I stop by your place over the weekend, but if you get more Cubs I won't have anyplace to park my truck. I don't mind walking a mile but two is pushing it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Bigdog you hear that...Arkansas is Cub rich :!: :!: :!: :!:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 10, 2004 2:49 pm

Got the "Cubspotter" Radar antenna pointed in that direction now. But I keep getting this huge blip distracting me. It's located somewhere around a place called Oxford, MS. Do you know anyone in that area???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :D
The other problem when scanning that area is the "Possum Clutter" that keeps jamming up the screen.
Not to worry though! The new stealth "Cloaking Device" is installed on the Dodge and I'm de-bugging it now.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”