This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

do I need these please help ASAP

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

do I need these please help ASAP

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:58 am

I just rebuilt the clutch on a 104 made a new driveshaft. when I put this back together do I need the 3 springs that are called anti-chatter springs?
everytime I see a clutch apart the springs are gone. do I need these when I put it back together?

I am also correct that the throw out bearing just rides and slides on the driveshaft and is not a pres fit?
thanks
Chad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dave Hull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38506
Tractors Owned: Cub demo

Springs

Postby Dave Hull » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:36 pm

You are correct on the throw out bearing.

The anti chatter springs cut down on the pinging noise, especially as the holes in the clutch disk enlarge with wear. I always try and install at least one.

My 2 cents
Dave H

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:27 am

cjpenny89

This is a site that John *.?-!.* cub owner posted at one time. I have two Cadets that are used all the time. One of them is a 1200 with continue clutch problems cause by broken engine mounts. I e-mailed Brian Miller and discussed the problem and he has come up with a cure for $74.00 including shipping. That’s a whole lot less than $160.00 every time my clutch blows apart :!: :!:

Clutch site http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/clutch.htm

Brian’s web site http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/tips.htm

PS. My thanks to this forum and to the people who have helped me on issues (like the one above) on my Cadets and Cubs.

Jack Fowler

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:34 am

thanks for the help!
I found brians site a while back and I am about to try out his steel spacer and lock washer combo instead of the teaser spring. I will post back after I get it all back together.
Chad

Return to “Cub Cadet”